| FTBL Questions about Ohio State covid issues for the game

BAMAneck

Century Club
Reaction score
Dang I’m over here banging a can with a string attached to it on the ground in Morse code to communicate with yallen.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Just to edjekate ya. A party line was used mostly in the country and was shared among a few neighbors. Only 1 call at the time could be made. If someone called you all phones at all homes would ring but if it double ringed or single ringed would determine who should answer. Think there was a few different ring patterns. Neighbors would tell each other when they left home so they could answer for you and they knew by the ring who the call was for. All this technology from a rotary phone usually hanging on a wall close to the kitchen.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
thatssome good learning everyone right there....i fergat about some of that....
If you ever get to Tellico Plains TN....they have a museum...that houses a massive history of telephones 📞 annd history .... alongwith guns...money ( 10,000$ bill) ...and many other things...worth ur time

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Yeah, we had three party line growing up in Westover. My Dad would be expecting a call and the Burneys down the road had a farm and three teenage girls who stayed on the phone. Growing up, I thought their name was "Damn Burney Girls". The other home had an old lady who listened in - she was our own little Mrs. Kravitz.

In a rotary dial pulse world, if you dialed lazily, you'd also dial the one lower number that the one intended. Our home number was one digit less than Lloyd's when it was in Chelsea. We got call in orders all the time. My Dad would patiently tell them each time what the correct number was. Finally, he just started taking orders and let them find out for themselves.

RTR,

Tim

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
So are we talking about OSU COVID issues or we're going up on memory lane back in our childhood?

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
To bring this thread back on track. Did anyone else see the Wild card game introduction with Joe Namath just now?

he looks surprisingly good and I wanna play golf with Joe Willie. He was always one of my heroes.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
The truth… team is ready!!! Coaches have them prepared and they have movie tonight. They will have walk through before lunch and leave 2.5 hours before game. Practice has gone great. This team is led by seniors and 4th year players that care!!! They came back for one reason, To win it all!!! We will miss Dickerson but he will be on sideline cheering!

I expect DeMarco Hellams and Brian Branch to start. They both played great last game and are ready! The key on defense is stopping their 2 backs and TE. Battle and DeMarco will have to play great. They are both great tacklers. Look for them to come up and put pressure.

We need pressure on their QB from Barmore, Anderson and Allen. Harris and Moses will need to be strong up middle and cover edges. Have to stop them on 3rd down!

Waddle… if he plays, it will be his call. If they had a 5th captain it would be him. For him to even try to come back shows what kind a player he is. He is respected by every coach and player!

Mac has been the best QB in country all year. We need one more game like previous 12!! Ohio State plays a ton of zone and you have to take what they give you. Look for a lot of underneath but take shots when blitz.

Bama thinks Tyreke Smith and Tommy Togiai are out with covid but no way to know. We have nobody out with covid!! I appreciate all the positive/funny posts all year! Let’s finish this tomorrow night!!!

Top Bottom