| NEWS PSA: Cell phones now have ability to track Covid-19 exposure

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
All of this is considered "Big Data." Big data is distinguised from "small data" by the three Vs - volume, velocity and variability. All of the clicks you make on your computer are part of big data. All of your comments here, and on other websites, are considered big data. Any online shopping you do is part of big data. Artificial intelligence and machine learning are used to make sense of what you do and deliver content relevant to who you are and what you do. Relevant content includes advertising, political content, links to other websites, videos and more.

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
I was “doing data” during the reign of vacuum tubes. The computer trainer utilized them and had only enough room for 2 digit dates. I quit working in the field when I got out after 7 years. By then we had removable hard drives about 18 inches across that housed a huge 256MB. Each disc was a daemon for a specific task on the SH60 subhunter avionics equipment. I was a system maintainer at that point.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I remember when they built the new embassy in Moscow a bit ago, they Had a system that pumped music up against each Window pane In the building so the Soviets couldn’t eavesdrop from the vibrations a normal conversation made on glass.

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
That is 80s tech. Moscow did order a return to manual typewriters at one time, don’t know if they changed back.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
We sold tempest equipment in the 80s. It was anti eaves drop equipment. Dictation equipment.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
If you have a Windows phone does it have the app

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
No idea but even money says yes. Probably not enough around to matter

Top Bottom