| OT Pretty cool story that's starting to get a little publicity. Lost diamond at BDS from engagement ring.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
And all I want to know is how the hell they found it. A family member shared the story earlier this week. The diamond is worth 15K according to his story.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Very cool story indeed. I'd imagine it was near where she sat, and if so, probably wouldn't have been too terribly hard to spot. Lucky for her, there was hardly anyone at the game, many rows only had 2-4 fans, so much less foot traffic and trash/mess. This reminds me of a similar story... A guy (who happens to be a former Bama/NFL player) was with his wife at a kids soccer game in Mobile years ago. At some point during the night, her rather expensive diamond did the same thing, fell out. She noticed it after they got home. The next day they went back to the field and looked in the grass for a while and somehow found it. I guess that is another good thing about bigger diamonds? Easier to find when lost?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
So awesome.

glad the finder was honest. A few would have put it in there pocket

ms50+ diamonds are so small noone would be able to find. I spend my money wisely....on beer. Motorcycles. And bama football

17Champs

Century Club
Reaction score
  • Praise for the athlete department and tide pride samiam 2020-10-05 22:00:24
  • My daughter and her husband went to the game Saturday and sometime while she was there she lost the $15,000 diamond out of her engagement ring. She didn’t notice it till she was home. She called the athletic department and searched her car and clothing and everything else she could think of. Today she received a call from the athletic department informing her that they had found the diamond. A representative of tide pride meet her here in Birmingham and gave her the diamond. In this day and age it is heart warming to know there are honest, caring people willing to not think of themselves but to do what is right. To the people who searched, found and returned the diamond, may God bless you and many thanks.
    • Their seats were near the top but I do not know what section, the diamond was samiam 2020-10-06 14:53:38
    • Found near their seats by people on their hands and knees. Even though the diamond was nsured it still had sentimental value and a replacement would have never been the same. My wife, my daughters step mother cried for 30 minutes when it was found, so it meant a lot to all of us that UA went to the effort to look. Anyone of them could have found it and put it in their pocket but were honest and returned it, They all showed me that they have God in their hearts.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I am just thankful it was found. 15K is a lot of money in almost everyone's life.

Top Bottom