| FTBL Predict the Score : Alabama vs Ohio State

TerryP

Ivory Club
One thing that concerns me about this game is the fact that Ohio State has the type of QB that historically we suck ass against.
Why is it these QB's are always "the ones Bama sucks ass against" and it's never about the fact they were good QB's? "Look at Bama vs Trask" and never "Look at Trask vs Georgia?" I just don't get this.

To me it's just like walking up to a hole ⛳ with water and immediately thinking, "oh my god, water. A lot of people hit it in the water!"

Krimson

Registered
Why is it these QB's are always "the ones Bama sucks ass against" and it's never about the fact they were good QB's? "Look at Bama vs Trask" and never "Look at Trask vs Georgia?" I just don't get this.

To me it's just like walking up to a hole ⛳ with water and immediately thinking, "oh my god, water. A lot of people hit it in the water!"
IMO, it's stated this way because accurate dual threat quarterbacks seem to be the most difficult for Bama to defend. This is true for the majority of teams but it seems that some teams have figured out how to better defend against this type of qb than others. A good pocket passer is still a good qb but most one dimensional quarterbacks don't have success against Alabama

mando

Sideline Club

Always felt the same, people act like only Bama has issues with QB's like Watson, Lawrence etc... Well he and others like him are good and hard to defend. As far as Fields goes, he seems to be a good QB but does not concern me as much as maybe he should. Maybe that is crazy talk and he ends up being unstoppable. As I have been saying tOSU has to deal with the Bama offense also and no one has been able to do that so far this year.

PurlJam

Century Club
Always felt the same, people act like only Bama has issues with QB's like Watson, Lawrence etc... Well he and others like him are good and hard to defend. As far as Fields goes, he seems to be a good QB but does not concern me as much as maybe he should. Maybe that is crazy talk and he ends up being unstoppable. As I have been saying tOSU has to deal with the Bama offense also and no one has been able to do that so far this year.
IMO.... Fields has tendencies to suck against good defenses (See Northwestern), and Clemson's defense doesn't fall in "good" category (Notre Dame hung 38 on them the first time they played.....FWIW, the ACC finished 0-6 in the bowl games....that was Clemson's competition this season

mando

Sideline Club
Seeing more talk from the Bama camp than normal and I for one do not like it. Metchie was ask yesterday if anyone can guard Smitty and he took the bait and empathically said "NO". Based on the year and career he has had it is true but do not give material for the other team Saw Leatherwood saying something to the effect we are going to find out how much they want to play (need to look that one up to get the exact way he phrased it). Then you have Saban's daughter running her mouth.

In the end keep quiet go prepare and then take it to the field and show it.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
I'll make my pick! BAMA 45 Buckeyes 30
Fields isn't going to hurt us on the ground as much as people may have thought before the semi's. Those ribs will be dosed up, but he still will look to throw it and he gets rattled more often than not when under pressure. Sermon will get 150+ with a couple of TDs but in the end, BAMA offense is just too damn good!!!

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Seeing more talk from the Bama camp than normal and I for one do not like it. Metchie was ask yesterday if anyone can guard Smitty and he took the bait and empathically said "NO". Based on the year and career he has had it is true but do not give material for the other team Saw Leatherwood saying something to the effect we are going to find out how much they want to play (need to look that one up to get the exact way he phrased it). Then you have Saban's daughter running her mouth.

Normally I would agree with you, but this team is on a mission after the way last year unfolded and that nasty loss to Clemson in the Natty the year before that. Leatherwood, Najee, Devonta, and Moses all came back to make a point and solidify their names in the Alabama history books. Leatherwood is a no non-sense kind of guy, so if he's saying something, expect it to happen. They're zoned in.

TerryP

Ivory Club

To me it's much ado about nothing.

My only take is, "it's true." All three cases.

Davestwin

Registered
So, let me see if I’ve got this straight. If Bama plays like they did against Ole Miss/Florida and/or the 2nd half against ND and Ohio State plays like they did against Clemson then OSU wins the game. Right ... and if my aunt had nuts then she’d be my uncle. That’s not to say ifs and thens don’t come true. It’s just not a reliable formula for determining the outcomes of college football games.

Here’s what really matters ... Sark splitting his time between this game and his new job. Bama’s not had a lot of success with offensive coordinators doing that to them. Saban knows the defense inside out so when defensive coordinators have left Bama’s been fine. That being said ... before the Sark news broke, I would have said Bama beats the Buckeyes by three scores. With Sark being pulled in two directions ... I’d say Bama wins but doesn’t cover the spread. Wait a minute though ... there’s another huge factor in play. Jaylen’s practicing ... with him on the field even with a less than focused Sark, I predict Bama wins by two scores 48-34.

mando

Sideline Club
I do not see anyone shutting down the offense if Sark is locked in but what about the D? Will they get off the field on 3rd down and get stops? DL needs to play their best game period.

mando

Sideline Club
Or not...
I don’t know enough about tOS to predict the score on this one, I just want a Bama win.
I think we put up 42.
I hope our D really finds a way but I am afraid it will take more than this to win it. I would love to be wrong and see the D come out and play their best game of the year.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Really hard because....of....covid...and protocols for osu
what position group is their problem ....??
Not just playing Monday nite but practicing all week....
And what is #17s condition.....and osu QB....?
Lots of tight lipped coaches....

just go....45-31....osu scores some late to make it look close