| FTBL Predict the Score : Alabama vs Ohio State

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I don't consider 31-7 running up the score, nor do I consider 42-14 running up the score in this day and age with offensive proficiency.

48-17
48-0
63-3
52-3
55-17

All scores from this season against SEC schools to debunk that theory. I will get behind Saban going easy halfway through the 4th with the game in hand, but not an entire second half. I highly highly doubt Saban called the dogs off in a Playoff game against a Top 4 team.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
After an enjoyable competitive and recreational time, I blew my L4-L5 disk and had a microdiscectomy at 34. Complete recovery, I did everything but play basketball after that. 17 years later, another rupture and scar tissue required a repeat. I'm good again. A few years after my first procedure, one of our execs had a neck issue and I referred him to my neurosurgeon for a successful outcome. A coworker gave his assessment of the situation, and told me he was really surprised at my interaction with the big boss' medical issue: he said, "I'm really surprised at this." me (surprised): "you mean that I would give him a referral?" Him: "No, that he had a spine..."

c5vetman

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Ohio state will score, their offense CAN BE really good. We can’t stop teams and shut them out anymore. DOESN'T MATTER.

Their defense isn’t that great. Our offense is one of the best of all times. It doesn’t matter how many times they score, we will score too, plus some.

We went conservative against Florida and ND because we could. We won’t do that with tOSU.

51-35 Bama wins

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Maybe we did go a little conservative but our OL has been so good this year it has not matter much. For some reason in this game we were not getting the same push at the line of scrimmage that we had gotten all year. Seemed like ND was harder to block than expected and they were also crashing people into the middle as soon as it looked like a run between tackles. The safeties came down hard at times which is why I was expecting some shots over the top that we never really did.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
A big difference I saw between Clemson D and Northwestern D (against OSU) - Pressure on the QB. We will get more pressure on him than Clemson and that affects him a lot. If he’s not interested in running as much as he did the 1st quarter last night due to his injury, we’ll send pressure even more. In my opinion.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Talking about Bama OL. Of the three teams up for the Joe Moore award. Bama just beat one of the OL that is up for the Joe Moore award. The other just won the Orange Bowl last night. Bama is the other one.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
IMO, it depends on which Ohio St. team shows up. The one that throttled Clemson last Friday would have beaten any team in the country that game. If the team plays like it has before Clemson, then we can win that game. We must stop Fields from sitting in the pocket and having all day to throw like Cordell Jones and other QB’s that have killed us. Do we need to simplify some things in coverage? Maybe, maybe not. I do know our LB’ers have to cover much better. On offense, we have to be able to attack the young guys in the defensive backfield of OSU.
Bama 41
Bucknuts 34

Last edited:

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Bama Club
Reaction score
Corral performed better against Indiana than did Fields. Who's the elite QB in this comparison?

Ole Miss Passing
C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTQBR
Matt Corral30/443427.82093.7

Ohio State Passing
C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTQBR
Justin Fields18/3030010.02382.5

Last edited:

TideatMileHigh

Sideline Club
Reaction score
One thing that concerns me about this game is the fact that Ohio State has the type of QB that historically we suck ass against. This defense may have proven to be capable, but it is certainly not an elite unit. That being said, this team seems to be on a mission this year. It feels like this is one of the most focused teams Alabama has had under Saban, and I personally think we have what it takes to get it done next week. It won't be easy, but I'll take Alabama 45-38.

Reaction score
My best friend was at my home for the 2009 NCG and "After Colt got hurt" and we won we had a toast of JD thinking that would be the last NC in our lives (59 years of age). We have had a few more toast since that and I hope we get one more next week. Regardless we've had a great run with Nick at Bama. To live during both Nick and Coach Bryant's run is really something special. Only Bama fans have had that pleasure and old ones know the story.

Top Bottom