| FTBL Predict the Score : Alabama vs Ohio State

tider79

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I think we all get knee-jerk reactions when we are surprised by the outcome of one game, the Suckeyes were super motivated against Clemson and put on a show. These games are an anomaly for the most part. Yes they have talent but always look at the whole body of work, struggled against Indiana and Northwestern gave them all they could handle until the very end. As has been said before motivation is a powerful thing, and Dabo wagging his tongue cost him last night. We will see a back and forth game next Monday but I believe we come out on top with a 42- 31 victory.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I guess early games get everyone lubed up and the later games get them all antsy.

Alabama scores less in second halves because they are seeking to mitigate turnover and injury risks, and to shorten games. Alabama gives up late touchdowns when games are out of reach because they play backups. Most folks are aware of these realities, but complaints persist.

Fields had the game of his life. I agree the entire team played like they had something to prove against Clemson. With a NC championship game on the line, they will be no less motivated. We have the team to win, and it'll come down to a few plays - just like it did against Clemson '15 and Texas '09. I like our chances.

Bama 48-38.

RTR,

Tim

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Shouldn't we start the game prediction thread when it gets closer to the game? Anyway I believe in looking at the entirety of the games and season after the emotions of the semifinal games die down. If you do that you will see Bama does not take a back seat to anyone!!!! They have had some slumps in the 3rd qtr that allowed UF to get back in the game but as soon as they were challenged they responded. Do not need to do that against tOSU but if they do I would expect them to respond just like they have all year. I for one still think Bama IS the team to beat. As has been the case all year, the offense will have to come out and do what it has done all year and put up a lot of points. The D will have challenges like they have all year, but will get enough stops to bring home a victory.

Bama is not a middle of the pack team. The are the class of college football and tOSU has to deal with us also. Guarantee the Buckeye coaching staff has some concerns with Bama. If not they will get it handed to them.

As far as the score, I will wait till it gets closer to the game.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Clemson ain't played great this year and was exposed last night. I like our skill set with this team. Crushing offense will score. Too much Najee, Smitty and Mac. The defense will get some turnovers to help us win. Ok kicker will help also.

45 - 30. The good guys.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
We have something on here called a ignore button. When you rollover the user name it will show you the ignore button just click on it to activate it.

Secondand26

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I actually believe that because of last night, Ohio St. becomes the media darling & the popular pick for the game. As we've seen in the past, Alabama NEVER plays well as a perceived underdog (sarcasm intended)

Also, will you damn no-it-alls (you know who you are. The ones always spouting doom and gloom, saying which numbers are "average" -
I guess you don't know any of the players names, the ones saying the coaching staff sucks, etc...) Would you not be chicken-shits, but instead, go back and at least own up to the fact that you are WRONG 95% of the time (or more)? I don't think you have the guts!

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Alabama has not trailed since the third quarter of the UGA game. Looking at every game in hindsight, it becomes obvious that the entire team goes into clock mode starting the second half. That almost hurt us against Florida, but notice that the team scored when they needed to against a good team that was fighting for their future. Ohio State has padded numbers all year long, their backup QBs have not thrown a pass all year and show just 3 rushes between the two that have any stats. I think the most dangerous thing against OSU will be getting a big lead at halftime and taking the foot off the gas.

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Was disinvited from that site. Dissenting views are freaking awesome! Dick head fans of other teams posing as Bama fans are not. The Richard Cranium that I first addressed has had at best back handed compliments for Bama since he registered. Shit man...show your urnge colors

Reaction score
Look-- if they had anybody but golding running the defense, I wouldn't be so quick to count Alabama out. But they are often out of position because of his lousy schemes and play calling. They did well against Vanilla offenses like Auburn, Arkansas, Kentucky, Georgia A&M, Tennessee, a grossly undermanned LSU, Notre Dame, MSU, etc.

Against far better offenses with QBs actually capable of hitting downfield passes, they struggled. Ole Miss and Florida both ran circles around Golding's defense, and I dont think they are as good as what OSU and Fields bring to the table. Not to mention Fields is a bonafide dual threat. For some reason, they dont want to spy the QB to keep him honest, and that allows him to take off and run for 15 yards. And when the secondary is faced with legitimate recievers(Pitts, Toney, Grimes for example) they get burned badly for 40-50 yard passes.

Ohio State is not going to shut down Smith, Mac, Najee, or blow up the OL, bama will score plenty of points because they execute well and get the ball to elite playmakers. But seeing what Ohio State showed last night, I see no way the defense hangs in there. 48-40 OSU. Did it ruffle feathers? So be it.

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
I can respect anyone’s opinion of the final score regardless of the team chosen as can just about anyone on here. We just disagree should that arise. I stand by my fecal oscillating homogenizer comment.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
It isn’t the opinions per se. it is the fact that they predict negative crap in virtually every post and then when that prediction fails they immediately reload with the next negative prediction with nary a nod or blink to the trail of utter bullshit left in their wake

Top Bottom