| FTBL 🏈 👀 PRE-GAME: Georgia @ Alabama week

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
You know, I said this last week to some Georgia friends, why on earth does man (Ben Cleveland) that's 6'7, 340 pounds need to chop block a guy? You just ain't got it if that's what it takes at that size.

Reaction score
The Stetson is only 5'11" so getting those DL hands down could be helpful on passing downs

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
@TerryP I assume I am one of those "worried". Seeing UGA's D they look legit especially rushing yards. Look a lot like the Bama D's of old. You can argue the competition for sure. Same goes with the bama offense you can argue we have not played a good defense either. So are our offensive numbers inflated.

Honestly if our D was playing better I would feel better about the entire game. I do expect them to play better this week. I just expect that UGA will be able to slow us down. Historically the Bama D's would hold every team well below the offensive statistical averages because they were skewed with a cupcake game or two. Now I may be projecting my Bama D's of the past onto UGA but they have looked the part.

I would expect a game scoring in the mid to upper 20's.

Bama Club
Reaction score
OMG ... M. Griffith just picked us to beat the dawgs on F'baum.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).

Good stuff.

The only runs that get slowed down are the outside zone runs (running wide) when Najee is aligned offset the QB in the shotgun. It puts Najee too close to the LOS for his talents, and DL can run it down from behind as he cuts upfield towards the LOS.

When Najee gets to align slightly deeper, he is nearly unstoppable and can run through guys for 2-3 yards even when there is no hole whatsoever.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Hearing Monte Rice may be out for Saturday. I know he's banged up. I suspect we'll see him.

Top Bottom