FTBL Players skipping bowl games and early entrants to the NFL draft

It just is what it is. They have to make the best decisions for their futures. A lot of these guys don't come from the best backgrounds, financially speaking and this sport is what they've been working at their whole young lives to put their families in better situations.

Besides with the new redshirt rules fans can get an early look at next year's stars.

I guarantee most of these guys are going to still make the trip and still get all the swag and all the benefits of playing in a bowl game,
Well, why shouldn't they? They did help get them there after all. With as much money that the universities and networks make from the games, a trip and a little swag (the total value of which is a pittance in comparison) for them isn't too much to ask for. Some would argue it isn't enough.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
It just is what it is. They have to make the best decisions for their futures. A lot of these guys don't come from the best backgrounds, financially speaking and this sport is what they've been working at their whole young lives to put their families in better situations.

Besides with the new redshirt rules fans can get an early look at next year's stars.

I guarantee most of these guys are going to still make the trip and still get all the swag and all the benefits of playing in a bowl game,
Well, why shouldn't they? They did help get them there after all. With as much money that the universities and networks make from the games, a trip and a little swag (the total value of which is a pittance in comparison) for them isn't too much to ask for. Some would argue it isn't enough.
Sorry, I'm just going to agree there. You are bailing on your teammates, you shouldn't be rewarded for that. I'm all for players getting a higher stipend and even a cut of merchandise but we really have to stop acting like educations worth hundreds of thousands of dollars as nothing.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
I understand the fans that have a problem with this.

I also remember Tyrone Prothro landing on a play at the end of a blow out game

I also remember Brodie coming around the corner against Western Carolina leading 31-0

I also remember Marvin Constant saving the day for Alabama but sacrificing a career

Top Bottom