| FTBL Phillip Marshall updates the minions on Harsin

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
We had the square toed versions for kicking back when I played. I used to handle kickoffs. I would kick, run to the sideline and changes shoes and then sprint into position at my FS spot!!! Now I realize why I couldn't gain weight back then!!! I must've ran 1-15 miles a night changing shoes and getting plays from the sideline. I was our QB too!!

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
We had the square toed versions for kicking back when I played. I used to handle kickoffs. I would kick, run to the sideline and changes shoes and then sprint into position at my FS spot!!! Now I realize why I couldn't gain weight back then!!! I must've ran 1-15 miles a night changing shoes and getting plays from the sideline. I was our QB too!!

I kicked straight up with the regular round toe. My PAT/FG accuracy reflected that.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Did you use the shoelace to pull that toe up? My best friend was the FG/Kickoff guy and I the holder.
No, I never left the field to do anything, and my accuracy showed - Chelsea was a tiny school at the time, we had like 28 players my jr./sr. years - but I only kicked FG/PATs for parts of two years. I snapped on PATs when I wasn't kicking, and I always snapped on punts.

No, I never left the field to do anything, and my accuracy showed - Chelsea was a tiny school at the time, we had like 28 players my jr./sr. years - but I only kicked FG/PATs for parts of two years. I snapped on PATs when I wasn't kicking, and I always snapped on punts.
My guy didn't leave the field. The WaterBow brought Johnny the shoelace. We played Thompson at home in 67 and he missed 3 extra points and then kicked a 40 yard field goal. LOL

I can't tell you that R I lose my street cred...LOL.....

We beat Mountain Brook at old Shades Valley stadium in 66 and that was their 1st high school football game (I don't believe they had a Sr Class). I believe the score was 20-7. The next week Pat Sullivan and John Carroll put 35 on them for the win. MB stopped us near their endzone but ole Josey picked one off for a pick 6. They must have run out about 70 players or so we had less than 30 with less than 16 that played. The good ole days for sure. We actually played better now than when we played then. Can you feel me.
Where did you go to school

Last edited:

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club

We beat Mountain Brook at old Shades Valley stadium in 66 and that was their 1st high school football game (I don't believe they had a Sr Class). I believe the score was 20-7. The next week Pat Sullivan and John Carroll put 35 on them for the win. MB stopped us near their endzone but ole Josey picked one off for a pick 6. They must have run out about 70 players or so we had less than 30 with less than 16 that played. The good ole days for sure. We actually played better now than when we played then. Can you feel me.

Good deal. I worked for a little while in the office on the old school site. At that time, the only visible reminder of the school was the track outline around the field. That was twelve or so years ago. There were a couple of guys there that made for some good conversation. Chuck Boswell, Charley's son, had attended Shades Valley and had some interesting stories both on Shades Valley and his Dad's exploits. Eli Stevens' (of Lloyd's Restaurant) son in-law was there, too. He got a kick out of me calling the Inverness location "New Lloyd's", saying only someone from Chelsea would call it that.

Rolltide24

Century Club

Josey with the pick 6 to seal the win! Nice. Man, I figured that long ago a TD was only worth 4... 🤣