| RECRUIT ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 🏀 PG JD Davison Commits to Alabama

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Certainly sounds like a lot has changed in the last week or so, which is good for Alabama. Hated to call him a must get, but that kind of talent, within the boundaries of Alabama? Would suck to let a fish like that get away...

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
What was the tweet there, Brandon?

As late as 10 last night the word was still the same on my end. The staff? They're confident. People around his team are now saying Bama and they're just one group. I've had five or so say BAMA in the last week or so.

Brandon Van de Graaff

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Didn't realize he deleted it. Basically just said he was 'holding off on committing Saturday and that he had to straighten some things out.' Immediately after he tweeted it, a few auburn beat chimps where right there to retweet it which wasn't a coincidence (IMO).

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
So that's what the hubbub was all about last night. Around dinner I got a text asking if anything had changed last night ...had a few responses to my questions and to a man all of them said "nothing has changed" or "unless something has changed in the last 24 hours."

On Rivals and 247 sites...both still listing the commitment date as tomorrow. 🤷‍♂️

Five-star point guard
JD Davison is ready to end his recruitment on Saturday afternoon after a long recruiting process that saw schools from all over the country extend scholarship offers. The No. 13 prospect in the 2021 class cut his list last month to leave Alabama, Auburn, Kansas, LSU, Memphis and Michigan in the mix for his signature.
Right now, the best bet is that he’ll be staying in the state of Alabama to play college basketball. Alabama and Auburn - under Nate Oats and Bruce Pearl - have both made him a major priority, but I’d give the Crimson Tide a slight edge in this one a day out from decision time. The school that does land Davison is getting arguably the best passer in the 2021 class and an elite athlete who can finish with the best of them.

Brandon Van de Graaff

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I'm sure the recruiting service wolves will be calling him all day and trying to figure out if the announcement is still set. I would think that if it is, that's good news for Alabama, but this has officially entered the "weird phase" so I'm not placing any bets at this point either way on when and who he pledges to.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
It's been positive news all morning with some doubling down on their calls for BAMA.

BAMAneck

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
I hope so . I believe it would be a huge step in the right direction......

It seems like forever ago since BAMA has had a 5 star commitment. JaMychal Green was our last if I’m not mistaken.

I know 5 stars aren’t a guaranteed success but it does help to change a perception and culture. We have the style of play to attract some top players and if we can them to play some decent to solid team defense , lookout..

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Given Bama's recent history in Basketball should not count any chickens before they hatch. Wish it were not that way. Now if this were football and Saban no issue at all. Do not expect Pearl to go down w/o a fight ($$$$).

Top Bottom