| FTBL OU football player Spencer Jones picked a fight against a guy with a decade of MMA training at an OU bar this past weekend.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
When one of the few places to eat in Midtown Atlanta was Colony Square, we walked up there several times a week to eat at the food court. At the time, there was one pedestrian crosswalk on Peachtree that was not at an intersection. Cars supposed to stop for pedestrians, but it was in a curve and folks were driving fast, but that crosswalk was the quickest way to get to the feed bag. We had more than one close call, all agreed to "I had the right of way" as our epitaph and dubbed it the Margaret Mitchell Memorial Crosswalk.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Get his GoFundMe site to Longhorn nation as well as the OK State fan base. He’s probably been in good shape financially after that.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
If anything, this should really create some respect for those guys that do this for a living and take punches and kicks to the face from world class athletes (even with being trained to defend themselves). Sure, some get hurt, but you're not seeing many injuries like this. Some tough ass dudes.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
I don’t hate to see folks fight. I used to fight for fun, for profit and just for the hell of it. I had one running buddy that at any given time we might stop on the side of the road and beat the hell out of each other because we were bored

folks who tell me they have never had their ass whipped I tell them they haven’t had enough fights. Fighting builds character, humility and confidence

I’m too old to fight in a non structured environment now but I will still throw down in controlled circumstances in the gym etc

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Every player in football has an amazing "chance" at getting hit. Punters and kickers less frequently (we seen them take some of the more awkward hits), but every other player on the field gets hit every play. It's not a 100% guarantee like MMA, but a 99.99999999999% chance. Speedy Noil knew he was gonna get hit, just didn't know how hard.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
QBs don't get hit on every play. WRs don't get hit on every play. DBs don't get hit on every play. These players could go several plays without getting touched.

I remember the Speedy Noil hit and the big debate of it was targeting or not. He wasn't a defenseless player. Of course, they've modified the targeting rules since then and it most likely would be today.

Top Bottom