| FTBL OU football player Spencer Jones picked a fight against a guy with a decade of MMA training at an OU bar this past weekend.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
That sounds like a good idea until someone pulls out a gun or knife and you're dead. Even if you're not, now they are both going to have to deal with the legal side of this and defend themselves with cash. So, no... it's not worth my fist flying. And yes, I've rarely seen any confrontation that didn't afford both party's the opportunity to walk away at some point. I doubt this one is any different. But, hey...to each their own.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Anyone know who Spencer Jones was prior to this?

I don't see any receiving stats. But see he was the holder for kicks. Liberty transfer.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Well yeah, but assess your situation. College bar bathroom, how many guns you thinking? Who said this was going to court? Video evidence right there the guy was threatened and intimidated upon. Sure, you will throw out a number of "well they could've", but it doesn't make the one guy a dumbass for defending himself.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter as we don't have loser pays... so both guys going to have to pony up some cash.
Here is what his lawyer says from an article:
Obviously, we don't know the whole situation, but from just the video we see he attached the person who DIDN'T shove him... so that could be a big issue for him. Now, I'm not saying the guy didn't deserve it and I really don't care... but I promise you whatever they were fighting about wasn't/isn't worth all the issues that are now in play regardless of who is at fault.

I have very little sympathy for either of these guys... as my uninformed guess is that they are both assholes... so there is that.

Last edited:

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Hard to see who pushes you when you're not looking. He's talking to his brother trying to figure out who gets who.

Bet the guy peeing pissed all over himself when they pushed into the back of him.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I guess I'm just perplexed to the animosity you have here to call two people you don't know, assholes. Or guessing they are, whatever you're trying to prove by calling them that. You never shoved someone, gotten in a fight, or anything out of line like that? Now at your current age, the thought process isn't what it was at 18-21.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
I said it was uninformed and I even bolded it... I have shoved someone and gotten in a fight... I was being an asshole at the time. I've learned and grown up since then. Being 18-21 doesn't preclude you from being an asshole, even if you'll eventually grow out of it.

Really, my only point is that the fight was not worth the trouble that is going to come from it. It never is. He wasn't defending himself, he threw the punch. Yes, he could have been hit prior and yes he was shoved, but he had clear access to the door and could have left if he wanted to. If the guy jumps him trying to leave that's something completely different that what is shown on the video.

Now, I'm also not saying the guy that threw the punch wasn't within his rights... we don't know the details so that is a complete possibility. However, they are both dumbasses because of the issues that come POST fight. Lawsuits and Hospital bills. As I was always told crossing the road in a cross walk and told to look both ways first... "does it matter if your in the right if you're hit by a car and killed?"

Last edited:

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I get that, but you're not an asshole if you get into a fight. I happen to agree with you on all of the other aspects, but it's not always as easy walking away as you're preaching. You would know, you've been there. It's human nature.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I like the pretty boy’s blue jacket with the white lapel. The guy who gets lifted and his head smashed in to the wall. Lol Sweet jacket...

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Pretty sure the guy who pushes him got knocked out when he was thrown into the wall and eventually to the ground. He ain't reacting at all when getting punched.

Top Bottom