| FTBL OU football player Spencer Jones picked a fight against a guy with a decade of MMA training at an OU bar this past weekend.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Somebody ass got whupped..actually a couple of them boys....
One guy got slammed against wall... he hurt

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Logie's on the Corner. #NOTadivebar I've a few memories there... 👯‍♀️

It reminds me of being on a Navy base when they had bars open and seeing so many "ladies" on the prowl. Insert OU football players and you've got the picture.

On the other hand I ran into one of their kickers the last time and ended up having some really old, and really good bourbon that night. I still don't know how he paid the rent on that house he was living in at the time. Should I have said "if he paid...?" Good kid it seemed.

The same night I saw what an offensive line can do to a wings special. Good lawd, amity.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Don't know if they guy that got his ass beat is any good a football player or not, but if he is... when will these guys learn that they have a lot more at stake than whatever that fight was about. Lose your sight... no NFL. Just stupid if you ask me.

Oh, hell... he's the "HOLDER"... we'll I guess he has "short man syndrome".

tide92

Sideline Club
Reaction score
MMA guy may be in some trouble. If you watch the video closely, he hit the wrong guy. He was pushed by the guy’s friend, not the guy he punched.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
All true...boys being boys...with alcohol apparently involved...
A common denominator....
Been there..done that...glad those days are in past

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Believe the guy with the bloody nose asked his brother (guy with beanie) which one do you want. Meanwhile, Spencer is telling him to GTFOH.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
My guess is they both had ample opportunity to walk away... neither one did. I have no sympathy for either of them. The Football plays is a dumb ass for getting himself into such a situation. The other guy... well... he's as much an idiot too.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Well, if you run your mouth, be ready to back it up is all I got to say. I hate to see fights, but you're not a dumbass for protecting yourself. Both of those guys look cornered and there appears to have been some contact even before this @94 Grad . Not sure about you, but if I get hit, pushed, or aggressively touched by another person, a fist will fly. So easy to say "walk away", but if you're trapped and getting bullied by two bigger guys the only way out of the situation is to drop their asses or fight until you can't anymore. There isn't training out there just to waste time in your life filling it up with something useless, it's out there to protect you in a time of need.

I agree with you though that the football player most likely thinks because he is a football player that he can push his way around campus and folks will just part the ocean for him. Zero compassion for anyone like that. Too much to lose to go get drunk or even not being drunk and getting aggressive with others, unless they start it.

Top Bottom