| FTBL Orgeron loses another from "team"

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
A lot of years to walk away from. Didn't realize they almost all their kids prior to marriage.

Are they Catholics? Just a curiosity question.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
@planomateo
Right a lot of years and early struggles in life....down the drain....
But ....people want to be happy and sometimes they feel trapped.....
Know a bunch like that...
Some stayed..some split....ones that split..found they weren’t any more happy in new life....
Facts of life...

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Dang, hate to see divorce for any family. That is definitely a lot of years together that lead to separation. I always wonder how it's possible to live with someone for over 20 years and then all of a sudden you get tired of one another. In this case it's definitely not retirement and spending more time together so you realize you're just not compatible. He has been a coach forever, so I highly doubt time away after over 20 years was the culprit. Coach O is at the pinnacle, and I cannot believe she left him right now. Sounds kind of backwards from the norm.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
It is usually more that they were never fully compatible and overlooked a lot of it. Over time that grows into other issues. People also change. The kids being in their 20's may mean the focus is no longer on raising kids but the empty nest sets in. That can be a huge change for some people.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I used to have your view, but after 24 years of marriage I understand it more. I'm happily married, but also realize that you have to keep working on your marriage. It ain't easy, life throws problems all the time. Luckily my wife and I are best friends and we enjoy spending time together.

I think you get older and realize that all the things you've compromised on for years you're no longer going to do. In a sense, you're prioritizing your happiness over your commitment.

So it completely makes sense to me given my experience.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
In the filing, the coach states he is entitled “to have the exclusive use and occupancy” of the couple’s house in Baton Rouge. He has “no objection” to Kelly Orgeron getting the couple’s Mandeville house “until such time as the community property is settled either by conventional agreement or judicial partition.”

That tells me that Haw Haw may not have been the, uh, the one violating social distancing.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
@planomateo ...."having to keep working at it...". ."having to be best friends.".."compromise."

@BamaFan334 .."how do you live with someone for 20 years and......

Truer words never more spoken.....

For sure takes a lot....many crises....children growing uo...losing parents...changing jobs...retirement...major injues/surgeries....pandamics....losing brother...successes...failures.. list goes on... but grow together...or grow apart....

Hope and pray.... i and ms50+ are here next year to share a milestone with my rolltidebama friends...

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this!

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
The timing of events sure seems odd. During the season through the finals, the two were lovey-dovey at each post-game interview. Then they separate in late February and two days later there's a filing for divorce. :unsure:

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
She waited until the bank account was a little heavier.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
You get older and realize life is too short to be miserable or unhappy.

Jimmy Johnson has a phrase, QTL - Quality Time Left. He's dead on with the thinking.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I try and tell my grandmomma this every day. She is widowed, I help her out with everything I can and do more for her than even her own kids do. She has plenty of money in the bank, condo on the beach, cabin in a nice golf community, and a house on the lake that she lives in, and she is mean as a rattlesnake most of the time. I try atleast once a week to tell her she is very fortunate and there's more to life than being angry, especially at 85 years old. While she agrees during the talk, she reverts back ten minutes later. I'm with you though, even being younger than let's say, 70% of this board, I still agree that there is too little time out there to be angry and upset all of the time. Feisty, sure, but just being unfriendly, unhappy, and miserable all of the time is just tiring I have to imagine.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Menopause. I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for almost 50 years. When she turned 40 she went through early menopause. I thank God that I travelled for a living or we wouldn't have made it. I used to come home on Friday Nights to a real $hit storm. I would just think only two days till Monday. That was 6 months of hell till she started estrogen. That's when I started drinking scotch. Best thing to do is keep yo mouth shut. :cool:

Top Bottom