| CURRENT EVENTS Oregon decriminalises possession of all drugs for personal use.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
A few of the articles I've skimmed this morning have used the catch phrase, "hard drugs." Included in this are Heroin, meth, Cocaine and even psychedelics.

As a Libertarian I find the drug wars to be useless. It's failed policy because it hasn't limited, or curtailed, access for people who choose to partake. We all know what's it has led to on the streets re: black market.

I've got no issues with people having the right to choose whether they want to smoke a pipe, toot a line of H, or smoke a bowl/joint/blunt you name it; no problems.

But Oregon? These two with a bag of 'shrooms as they're doing their ANTIFA thing? That's an idea bordering on high comedy.

1604498146004.png

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I ahve always been of the mind that your drug use is your problem as long as it does not impact me. And generally if it does impact me you have broken another law that we could actually charge you with instead.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Not sure where I stand with this.

Too many bad crimes happen when people are under the influence of some of this stuff. My brother and sister both have been in and out of the system due to poor choices and drugs.

I agree that the war on drugs has been for the most part unsuccessful. Just not sure what the ramifications of this will be.

Having said that, I'm absolutely for legalizing marijuana for use by adults.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
All this does in my mind is allows people to freely carry drugs and create more availability. A person may have been scared or worried to get near a school or little league venue with drugs on them, but now they have nothing holding them back. This will create more users and then leak into the non-using and innocent public. I agree the drug wars are fucking stupid and have not curtailed anything, but free range of carry and use is just allowing more trouble, openly. Mark my words, this will only create more conflicts and higher murder/death rates.

Top Bottom