| LIFE Operation Empty Nest

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
Ivory Club
Reaction score
The practical side of me says get a 4wd tractor or a skid steer, I can add a V Plow, snowblower to help manage snow. The M1078 would almost be unstoppable uphill regardless of the snow depth. Changing fluids on the M1078 is expensive, probably 100+ qts of fluid between the engine, transmission, and axles.

I have all my mail going to the PO Box, which is almost across the street from this place ;).

Kettlehouse Amphitheater - our house is back in the hills (~15 miles) behind the stage from the angle this is taken from.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
The practical side of me says get a 4wd tractor or a skid steer, I can add a V Plow, snowblower to help manage snow. The M1078 would almost be unstoppable uphill regardless of the snow depth. Changing fluids on the M1078 is expensive, probably 100+ qts of fluid between the engine, transmission, and axles.

I have all my mail going to the PO Box, which is almost across the street from this place ;).

Kettlehouse Amphitheater - our house is back in the hills (~15 miles) behind the stage from the angle this is taken from.

Very nice. I would lean to the 4wd tractor to give you year round utility, as long as it can really do the job in the winter. It's hard not to appreciate a tractor on some acreage.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
The M1078 would almost be unstoppable uphill regardless of the snow depth. Changing fluids on the M1078 is expensive, probably 100+ qts of fluid between the engine, transmission, and axles.
While you're talking about the expense of fluids, I was looking at the tires and thinking that's a $2500 bite.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I'm jealous in the summer, feel sorry for you in the winter.
Just different things to do ;)

Snowmobiling, snowboarding, hiking, cross country skiing.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
It will be a shock to my system as well.

Top Bottom