| MBB/WBB Oats on the locker room post UGA: "I need to hear what you guys think the problem is."

JoshB

Scholarship Club
I think this team is going to end up being one of the most disappointing in my lifetime. Not the worse, obviously, but considering the highs that the season started off with and the expectations/potential of this team it's so disappointing. At some point Oats has to take some ownership in this, too. All I hear about it is him pointing the fingers at players and that they don't want it or they don't want to do this or that, never looking inward at anything.

Bammerboy321

Bama Club
I think this team is going to end up being one of the most disappointing in my lifetime. Not the worse, obviously, but considering the highs that the season started off with and the expectations/potential of this team it's so disappointing. At some point Oats has to take some ownership in this, too. All I hear about it is him pointing the fingers at players and that they don't want it or they don't want to do this or that, never looking inward at anything.
He's said multiple times after press conferences he has to do a better job of getting guys to buy in. He's taken plenty of blame and putting in on himself. This is one of the few times I've heard him say he wants input from the players on what's wrong.

This isn't the first time he's faced adversity like this either. That team last season didn't buy in defensively until after WKU. Rewatch the games we had vs Clemson, Stanford, WKU, Furman, and even UNLV. They looked just as lost and had low energy as this one. And that was a senior-laden team.

I don't know if he can turn this season around, but he's not going to stop trying. The players need to take ownership as well. Some of our upperclassmen like Shack and JQ are too busy pouting on the bench when teams go on a run instead of staying locked in. That affects chemistry and the mentality of the team in a very negative way.

BAMAneck

Century Club
Gotta have open dialogue or grudges can metastasize.

Just like I told my kids when they were living at home. I’m always open to hear their side of a situation and it could change my outlook or opinion but In the end I haft to make the final decision cause I’m responsible and this isn’t a democracy it’s a autocracy.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
And yet...somehow...we beat BOTH of the teams that were in last year's national championship game. The win over Baylor, (the reigning national champs) was not even as close as the final score indicated. This has to be the most Jekyll and Hyde Bama B ball team ever.

Top Bottom