| FTBL NIL news. "Bryce is almost at seven figures" according to Saban.

18Champs

Century Club

Alabama football coach Nick Saban hasn't officially named Bryce Young the Crimson Tide's starting quarterback, and yet Saban says that Young is already approaching $1 million in endorsement deals.

According to reports, Saban told the Texas High School Coaches Association's convention on Tuesday that Young, a sophomore, is due to make "ungodly numbers."

While Saban wouldn't divulge the specifics of the deals Young has signed, Saban said the total compensation is "almost seven figures."

"And it's like, the guy hasn't even played yet," Saban said, according to The Athletic. "But that's because of our brand."

Asked at SEC Media Days about Young's potential compensation, Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin said, "That number just blew me away.

"He's made $1 million, and he hasn't started a game yet. Wow."

"That's great for him," Kiffin added, then later joked, "He definitely doesn't need to play against us this year."

Young signed a deal to be represented by Creative Artists Agency on July 2 -- the day after the NCAA allowed athletes to profit off their name, image and likeness.

So far, Young's only public endorsement has been in the form of a tweet for the company Cash App.

mando

Sideline Club
Was thinking some more about this and it raised a couple of questions. First are there any privacy laws that should prevent Saban from revealing this? Secondly would future scholarships adapt new language to allow for Bama to market this similar to how they do the contract amount for people thats sign with the NFL.

Just some curious questions that I would think are part of the conversation around this new NIL.

Not sure if anyone knows this or it has even been addressed yet.

alabamajack

Sideline Club
It may have already been discussed, but isn't this going to turn into organizations reaching deals with high school players to go to certain schools and if so, how would that not be considered a recruiting violation?

TerryP

Ivory Club
If you say so...
Difference between being smart and making an occasional smart decision.....
As a coiuple of thousand people bitch about having their seats moved how much consideration was given to how he was prepping the football program for this very era we're entering? If you're going to complain about the job Greg has done, that's the only thing you have to stand on: and it's built on quicksand.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club

Alabama football coach Nick Saban hasn't officially named Bryce Young the Crimson Tide's starting quarterback, and yet Saban says that Young is already approaching $1 million in endorsement deals.

According to reports, Saban told the Texas High School Coaches Association's convention on Tuesday that Young, a sophomore, is due to make "ungodly numbers."

While Saban wouldn't divulge the specifics of the deals Young has signed, Saban said the total compensation is "almost seven figures."

"And it's like, the guy hasn't even played yet," Saban said, according to The Athletic. "But that's because of our brand."

Asked at SEC Media Days about Young's potential compensation, Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin said, "That number just blew me away.

"He's made $1 million, and he hasn't started a game yet. Wow."

"That's great for him," Kiffin added, then later joked, "He definitely doesn't need to play against us this year."

Young signed a deal to be represented by Creative Artists Agency on July 2 -- the day after the NCAA allowed athletes to profit off their name, image and likeness.

So far, Young's only public endorsement has been in the form of a tweet for the company Cash App.

Nick does some messaging using the media from time to time. Dropping the Young NIL amount seems a little strange but again he's getting out a message.

What is the real message

A-recruiting and the Bama brand for dollars
B-NIL is going to be hard to control from the coaching/compliance staffs
C-Ham Sandwich

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
As a coiuple of thousand people bitch about having their seats moved how much consideration was given to how he was prepping the football program for this very era we're entering? If you're going to complain about the job Greg has done, that's the only thing you have to stand on: and it's built on quicksand.

Well there are many more season tickets available this year than ever before as well. Figured with the waiting list they would have been snagged up in a heartbeat.

You also keep talking about all he has done, but let's not forget all of the resources afforded to him. He was handed the keys to the Ferrari. He will be tested once Saban leaves and he has to rebuild an engine that never had to be touched during his tenure. That being said, him going out and grabbing Oats was a grand slam. It changed my tune on him a lot. As far as NIL, it didn't take a genius to know this was coming, so putting together the program wasn't as big of a move as I feel you're attempting to make it. It's like the presidential debate when the contenders are given the questions beforehand and can prepare. Alabama can market, no doubt, but that's Bear, Saban, Namath, Julio, Ingram, Stabler, and many others.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Well there are many more season tickets available this year than ever before as well. Figured with the waiting list they would have been snagged up in a heartbeat.

You also keep talking about all he has done, but let's not forget all of the resources afforded to him. He was handed the keys to the Ferrari. He will be tested once Saban leaves and he has to rebuild an engine that never had to be touched during his tenure. That being said, him going out and grabbing Oats was a grand slam. It changed my tune on him a lot. As far as NIL, it didn't take a genius to know this was coming, so putting together the program wasn't as big of a move as I feel you're attempting to make it. It's like the presidential debate when the contenders are given the questions beforehand and can prepare. Alabama can market, no doubt, but that's Bear, Saban, Namath, Julio, Ingram, Stabler, and many others.
Putting together a program isn't as difficult as I'm suggesting versus how much angst you were forecasting that these kids couldn't handle this? If it was so easy, why were you so worried?

Where are all these season tickets, by the way? The last time I looked there were five games where singles were available, but season?

I think it was classless
You were offended because of the decision he made. I'm looking at the program, whereas I'm interpreting you to be looking at "my seats."

Let's go back a second to these "occasional decisions" with some clarification, can we? If they're occasional, that also means they're predominantly bad. Where?

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
Putting together a program isn't as difficult as I'm suggesting versus how much angst you were forecasting that these kids couldn't handle this? If it was so easy, why were you so worried?

Where are all these season tickets, by the way? The last time I looked there were five games where singles were available, but season?

You were offended because of the decision he made. I'm looking at the program, whereas I'm interpreting you to be looking at "my seats."

Let's go back a second to these "occasional decisions" with some clarification, can we? If they're occasional, that also means they're predominantly bad. Where?

I had zero concern with the administration. My concern was the immature mind of a kid that's never had money, all of a sudden coming into money and how that would affect the team and his future. Just because Alabama has counselors and administration in place does not mean a player will utilize that for the tax purposes we spoke about. How often do we discuss on here when a family member gets involved and how it sways the mind of a player? That was my entire point, is that just because Alabama had set up a department did not mean the players themselves were ready for this windfall. Even as adults paying taxes for years and years so many forget the tax implications of winning money, IE lottery winners and countless other tax evaders.

As far as season tickets, just a couple weeks ago they were offering me multiple season tickets in the lower endzones, and I could even get the six I needed to fit my entire family, but I just couldn't swing the price at the moment. That was on top of the ones I already had. They also attempted to let me move to the home side, about 20 yard line, but I wasn't paying that crazy yearly fee for that when my seats are pretty awesome already.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
This guy flip flops more than any other recruiting content I have seen. He's all over Young during the recruiting process, even talks him up and the success he will have at Alabama (to save his ranking of him), and then says this below. He does understand value is in the eye of the beholder, right, not just his opinion? Young could be worth nothing to one guy, and a million to the next guy. One man's trash is another man's treasure, so it's up to the market to decide, not Mike Farrell.

1626875609471.png

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club

Actually ...were not mine.....
Had no personal affect....at all....
But know many that it did......
But whatever...money is the most important thing....
Gotta make more money

TerryP

Ivory Club
I had zero concern with the administration. My concern was the immature mind of a kid that's never had money, all of a sudden coming into money and how that would affect the team and his future. Just because Alabama has counselors and administration in place does not mean a player will utilize that for the tax purposes we spoke about.
If you have zero concern with the administration you shouldn't be concerned about players utilizing what's in place. Just like other aspects of their lives, these things will be monitored and monitored closely. I see contradiction saying, "I'm trust who is in charge" but "I don't trust what they are in charge of."
As far as season tickets, just a couple weeks ago they were offering me multiple season tickets in the lower endzones, and I could even get the six I needed to fit my entire family, but I just couldn't swing the price at the moment. That was on top of the ones I already had. They also attempted to let me move to the home side, about 20 yard line, but I wasn't paying that crazy yearly fee for that when my seats are pretty awesome already.
Single game tickets. We see that every season.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Actually ...were not mine.....
Had no personal affect....at all....
But know many that it did......
But whatever...money is the most important thing....
Gotta make more money
The solvency of the program is the number one thing. There is no endowment fund the athletic department can fall back on. Figuratively, it's "hand to mouth" year to year. We're fortunate seeing the athletic department being able to contribute to the academic side.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Nick does some messaging using the media from time to time. Dropping the Young NIL amount seems a little strange but again he's getting out a message.

What is the real message

A-recruiting and the Bama brand for dollars
B-NIL is going to be hard to control from the coaching/compliance staffs
C-Ham Sandwich
He was in texas when he announced it. Recuiting pitch :) and It's likely Young knew Saban was gonna say it.

Top Bottom