| FTBL NFL going too far? Another example

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
I would hate to be hired/promoted because of something other than my KSAs....
This Minimizes thoughs who have worked hard to achieve and are minoritys or women...and are deserving
But it is what it is in this world....I guess

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
According to the U.S. Census, 13.4% of the population is African-American. 12.5% of the NFL coaches are African-American. I'm not sure what percent is the right percent but I don't think forcing it is the right answer.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I really did not give a shit about the kneeling thing. Basically forcing people to hire based on group membership is ridiculous. It is bad enough that we already have companies hiring and promoting to meet an unwritten quota. I fully expect every team to slowly replace at least one of either their GM or Head Coach with a minority only to make sure they have the same number of picks as everyone else. Probably GM and then give all picks and hiring decisions to the head coach.

Honestly, were I a minority I might be pissed too. The NFL is saying that the only way to get teams that want to win games to hire more minority coaches is to give away free draft picks if you do. In other words, minorities are not able to do the job of winning more games so we have to force people to hire them.

Top Bottom