FTBL NFL Draft Early Entrants -Six from Alabama join a lot of players leaving college early.

Would be surprised if Deonte does not add to this list based on projections I have seen. Have his legal issues been resolved yet or is that still something he has to deal with?

Would be surprised if Deonte does not add to this list based on projections I have seen. Have his legal issues been resolved yet or is that still something he has to deal with?
What I have read that his legal situation hasn't been resolved. If he were to go early and sign a contract without a resolution then even if he were to get a pass on the criminal charges you would think the victim (so so) would be going after some of his money via a civil suit....maybe.

What I have read that his legal situation hasn't been resolved. If he were to go early and sign a contract without a resolution then even if he were to get a pass on the criminal charges you would think the victim (so so) would be going after some of his money via a civil suit....maybe.
Maybe that is why he has not declared and why he could come back. Certainly complicates his decision.

There may be one or two more, but this is light compared to who could go. Of the entire list of juniors, I think these are the best options to be early selections in the draft.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
I saw the tweets about Josh and Irv saying that "sources" have told them that they are declaring. My immediate thought was, "why be a dick and not let these kids have their moment?" This shit burns me up just like with recruiting!!!
I get what you're saying and I get where they are coming from, too, but look at it from the other side. You get a tip that those guys are going pro and you dont report it because you want them to have their moment. Someone else gets the tip and reports. Now you get bitched at for getting scooped and what do you think the response from your editor/publisher is going to be when you give the reason why you were scooped? Its the world we live in now.

bama alum

Verified Member
HARRY'S
Well, I guess Savion Smith will be declaring soon...

Veteran CB removed from Tide's 2019 football roster

Is he turning pro?

The website for University of Alabama athletics, rolltide.com, made some updates on Saturday morning and one of them involved a veteran defensive back.

First-year starting cornerback, Saivion Smith was not listed on the updated roster, following the 2018 football season.

Rumors sparked about the possibility of him declaring for the upcoming NFL Draft, but people also felt as though he needs to return and get more seasoning under his belt. A native of Tampa, Fla., Smith recorded 60 total tackles, five pass breakups, a team-high three interceptions and one touchdown through 15 games.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pounder possesses both physicality and coverage skills; however, laziness in his technique got him burned against elite teams.

RELATED: ALABAMA NEEDS HUGE GAME FROM CB SAIVION SMITH VERSUS OKLAHOMA
Smith suffered an injury in the second half of Alabama’s 44-16 loss to Clemson in the College Football Playoff National Championship meeting on Monday night in Santa Clara, Calif. He did not return to action and true freshman, Josh Jobe replaced him at left corner.

While he has been removed, defensive leaders such as Mack Wilson, Shyheim Carter, Deionte Thompson and Anfernee Jennings are still on the roster.

Trevon Diggs and Raekwon Davis both announced via Twitter on returning to Alabama for next fall. No concrete word has been spoken on behalf of everyone else, but after seeing who declared on Friday, it appears all defensive pieces (aside from Quinnen Williams) are coming back.

As for Smith, he does have a Southeastern Conference title ring and an Orange Bowl Trophy under his belt with the Crimson Tide.

A guy who hasn't been talked about but is going to be a huge building block on that D next seas....

Anfernee Jennings! Coming into the year he was almost a lock to turn pro... RS Junior. To get him back and hopefully, finally, healthy in the pre season will solidfy our ends with T. Lewis. I'm starting to feel much better about our D with he and Davis coming back. Diggs also basically a huge addition. LB's improvement, McKinney improvement, get Ray off the sauce... We can have a better all around D!

Any word on D Thompson?

I heard on Mel Kipers radio show on ESPN today say the Thompson decision to stay was the best decision he could have made because of lack of big plays down the stretch hurt his draft stock ..

But until we hear it from the horses mouth , who knows .. hope he stays ..

Top Bottom