| FTBL News about to break that will "...rock the college football world, ruin legacies, and could impact the balance of power out west?"

TerryP

Ivory Club
Cheating? Maybe I'm not fully understanding this story, but I'm not seeing how they benefitted from something where others didn't.
✅
Cost of living? Nah, it was a shiny new toy. Cost of living implies same conditions, just inflated price which I would understand.
Entertainment is not included in cost of living? If Disney goes up, are you upset? Sure. Bet ya still going. I don't get the angst, You pay for what you can afford. Otherwise, ...

I still have season tickets. I sell them. I live a little bit away.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
✅

Entertainment is not included in cost of living? If Disney goes up, are you upset? Sure. Bet ya still going. I don't get the angst, You pay for what you can afford. Otherwise, ...

I still have season tickets. I sell them. I live a little bit away.

Idiot consumers still go yes, hence why most are all still lower middle and lower class citizens always damning those that saved and have more later in life. Same thing with cell phones and cars. No, entertainment is not a cost of living. Food, shelter, and transportation is. Entertainment isn't a necessity no matter what commercials, social media, and desire may tell you. It was a shiny new toy to add luxury boxes, not a necessity, and cheating those out of the experience that helped carry the program during the tough years.

TerryP

Ivory Club
The price point changes, which happens in every area of life, but this is something to bitch about. I do not get the feelings. Seriously. I don't get this.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
Just going to throw this at ya for conversation sake.

When did you buy your children their first device? Did you call it "educational?" That's entertainment, no?

How many games did they play?

My kids have zero devices and the items they do have are educational. Call me old school or a strict parent, but I refuse to bow to "parental norms" these days. Come take a look at my kids and the neighbors kid that is 9 years old and has a phone and tell me what you see and find out. Will I buy my kids things? Of course! That is definitely entertainment, just like going out to eat, but I have the ability to spend or cut off as I see fit, and if I don't like it, it ends.

Now I have taken my kids to Disney, it was expensive. I have been through that material phase when I graduated in regards to cars and football games and such. But I have recognize I was making others rich and not myself. That's something A LOT of Americans refuse to recognize. I know you've seen my comments about dropping my football tickets,and looking even closer at dropping my country club membership because we're only a number. I'd rather put that money towards some land, four wheelers, and teach my kids how to hunt and survive if the need every arrived. I can also teach my kids how to golf and play sports without the monthly membership fee. I have a lot of flaws, but I'm learning that society today is a disaster.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
My kids have zero devices and the items they do have are educational. Call me old school or a strict parent, but I refuse to bow to "parental norms" these days. Come take a look at my kids and the neighbors kid that is 9 years old and has a phone and tell me what you see and find out. Will I buy my kids things? Of course! That is definitely entertainment, just like going out to eat, but I have the ability to spend or cut off as I see fit, and if I don't like it, it ends.

Now I have taken my kids to Disney, it was expensive. I have been through that material phase when I graduated in regards to cars and football games and such. But I have recognize I was making others rich and not myself. That's something A LOT of Americans refuse to recognize. I know you've seen my comments about dropping my football tickets,and looking even closer at dropping my country club membership because we're only a number. I'd rather put that money towards some land, four wheelers, and teach my kids how to hunt and survive if the need every arrived. I can also teach my kids how to golf and play sports without the monthly membership fee. I have a lot of flaws, but I'm learning that society today is a disaster.
Good for you.... buy them a basketball and put up a goal...
Get 2 gloves and a baseball.... lot can be said between pitches...
A 22 and hit woods opening day of squirrel season..20 guage and dove season...

your discussion is with @TerryP i know...
But these are some kid/grankid/ggran kid moments...

you are on target..

Top Bottom