| FTBL News about to break that will "...rock the college football world, ruin legacies, and could impact the balance of power out west?"

TerryP

Ivory Club
Interesting tweet. I have no idea what he might be referring to here.

I have to admit, is "legacy" referring to a program, a coach, a player? The PAC as a whole?

(You may notice further down the thread on Twitter he's a 'SEC conspiracy theorist' in that he's one that believes the SEC pays players, no one else does...you know the drill.)

TerryP

Ivory Club
USC is Nike
About 8-10 years ago there were stories about USC breaking away from Nike and therefore getting out from under the control of Oregon. I was thinking earlier it was AA, but it wasn't.

At that time they were the first to get under Jerry Jones umbrella with his new apparel company. I remember it being a 10 year deal. I guess they recently went back to Nike: I hadn't heard.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
About 8-10 years ago there were stories about USC breaking away from Nike and therefore getting out from under the control of Oregon. I was thinking earlier it was AA, but it wasn't.

At that time they were the first to get under Jerry Jones umbrella with his new apparel company. I remember it being a 10 year deal. I guess they recently went back to Nike: I hadn't heard.

UCLA was Under Armor, but USC has always been. Can't recall them not being Nike. Leinhart, Bush, Barkley, St. Brown, all wore Nike.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
The deal is within a deal........

The USC athletic department has signed a 10-year license agreement with Silver Star Merchandising, an apparel manufacturer and distributor launched in 2010 by Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and his family, USC athletic director Pat Haden announced Thursday.

Financial terms of the agreement, which goes into effect in August, were not disclosed by the school. But with the deal, which reportedly will pay the school a higher annual rate than USC's previous apparel deals, SSM will obtain the exclusive license to manufacture and distribute USC-branded apparel in all retail channels, including online at USCTrojans.com and through many major retail outlets.

OK.........

It also does not supersede USC's existing agreement with apparel giant Nike, the official outfitter of all 21 official USC athletic programs. And the Trojans will continue to operate a licensing program in-house, with most -- but not all -- of their licensed apparel produced by SSM and Nike.

“It is a perfect marriage,” Haden said in a statement. “When we were presented with the opportunity to partner with Silver Star Merchandising, it became clear to us that their expertise in the apparel business with a top brand like the Dallas Cowboys meant that they would represent and shepherd our USC brand in the same manner throughout Southern California and the United States.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Okay, thanks. Then his visit is okay then. Good!
There were modified visiting rules before the 1st...basically "on your own dime" kind of thing. The article about Ty Simpson with his mother's comments talks a little about this (I think.) I know of a few schools that had a few kids get together and meet on campus's around the country. How much on the "up and up" is anyone's guess. (Not all is your answer.)

Top Bottom