| FTBL New fundraising campaign, dubbed "The Crimson Standard" (*UPDATED COLEMAN INFO*)

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Does it make you shudder to think back to the days...and how the school wasn't putting money back into the athletic facilities. It wasn't the race it is today but my god Bama was practically sitting on the sidelines.

Yes I remember, when I first became a season ticket holder (2002) Fran was really pushing for it. Actually, if memory serves me correct, he was who got in Mal's ear and got everything moving the right direction. We were woefully behind until that first big financial drive that started with the North End Zone. Crazy to think how we went from dragging around to being the one everybody is trying to catch.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Not happy they are going to remove seats! Personally, I would rather see them add seats than to put up a jumbo tron.
Love the idea of a complete renovation of Coleman!
Add seats? You cant really be serious! You do see all the empty seats by the end of nearly every game and at the half of the no name games. If they reduce seating maybe the emptiness will be nonexistent. Add seats just for more empty seats?!! Thats why you arent making the decisions.
Its called an opinion. Yes, IMO, I want seats added instead of seats removed.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Does it make you shudder to think back to the days...and how the school wasn't putting money back into the athletic facilities. It wasn't the race it is today but my god Bama was practically sitting on the sidelines.

Yes I remember, when I first became a season ticket holder (2002) Fran was really pushing for it. Actually, if memory serves me correct, he was who got in Mal's ear and got everything moving the right direction. We were woefully behind until that first big financial drive that started with the North End Zone. Crazy to think how we went from dragging around to being the one everybody is trying to catch.
I've seen it speculated that Finus was involved in the NIKE deal. I can't say one way or the other. I do know this. He was a mizer trying to rest on laurels Bama didn't possess anymore.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I know this may be old news to some of you! But id new to me.

Alabama is Planning $600 Million Renovations, and They’re Taking Donations

The Crimson Standard project
Twitter: @UA_AthleticsTwitter: @UA_Athletics
The University of Alabama, believe it or not, compete in sports other than football. Despite all the attention going to head coach Nick Saban‘s football program, there are other Crimson Tide sports representing the university at the Division I level, and they’re all going to get a massive upgrade on campus.
In August 2018, the university announced the launch of The Crimson Standard, which will completely reshape the university’s athletic facilities. The endeavor will be a ten-year, $600 million project with plans to renovate, update and improve various buildings across the University of Alabama’s athletics department.

You read that right: six-hundred million dollars. Somewhere, Doctor Evil’s iconic pinky just rose up in delight.
From premium seating, an updated press box, and the “Founders Suite” at Bryant-Denny Stadium to updates inside Coleman Coliseum and the Mal M. Moore Athletic Facility, the university’s student-athletes would be getting a massive upgrade across campus. These computer-generated fly throughs of the new plans are jaw-dropping from start to finish.

Embedded video

1,737 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

The initiative, spearheaded by The Crimson Tide Foundation, already had $143-million pledged to the project when it was announced by the university. Alabama Athletic Director Greg Byrne explained the reasoning behind the multi-million endeavor.
“We have a mission to build and maintain a program that achieves academic success and wins championships in all sports by educating and developing the best student-athletes, and by supporting and retaining outstanding coaches.
“Our core values also begin with the commitment to the total support of the educational, athletic and personal development of all student-athletes.”
— Greg Byrne
The program as it stands isn’t green-lighted just yet — all phases of the plan need the approval of the University of Alabama Board of Trustees, presidential approval from Dr. Stuart Bell and, of course, that little side project to find fundraising success for the $600 million required to complete the renovations.
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Crimson Tide Foundation@UACTF

https://twitter.com/UACTF/status/1030152183881392128

We can’t thank Coach Saban & Ms. Terry enough for their generous $1 million leadership gift in support of The Crimson Standard! #RollTide #TheCrimsonStandard

12:59 PM - Aug 16, 2018

239 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

RELATED: Alabama Fan Shows Off Greatest Crimson Tide Tattoo in History
Nick Saban took the stage after Byrne in August and reiterated Alabama’s commitment to the impact this project will have on the football program for years to come.
“To improve the weight room, the locker room, to make the improvements to the stadium that we’re talking about are all things that I think will continue to provide Alabama to have a standard that is number one all across the country.
“I think people try to emulate what we do — on the field, off the field — so I think to continue to be proactive and aggressive in the future is only going to help us keep the kind of standard, relative to everybody else, that we need to have continued success.”
— Nick Saban
So, who’s paying for the party? Well, the Crimson Tide Foundation offers multiple avenues for donors to contribute including annual gifts, endowments, pledges, honorary gifts and planned gifts.
Want a chance to have your name attached to an area of the renovation in Tuscaloosa? You can submit your application, as well as a donation ranging somewhere from $25,000 to $50 million — that donation, and the attached name, is subject to approval by the Board of Trustees, of course.
It’s an insane project that only figures to propel Alabama from one of the best athletic programs in the country to THE elite athletic university in the country.
Buckle up and hope the Tide start rolling in the dough to get this major renovation done.
Editor’s Note: First published on August 16, 2018

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
A lot going to happen for football. Cant wait to see video board at BD.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Still don't like all the glass on the outside of the stadium. Takes away from the traditional look of what a college stadium should "look like", IMO.

I'm on board with all the upgrades and reduction in seating. It has to be done.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
"Imitation is the best form of flattery" @sk33tr
I actually
Liked ours with a board in each corner of stadium
But the BIG boards are the cool thing now...and unbelievable awful blasting some noise over speakers.......
But the new video board should be cool
And really....who gives a damn about anything AU....know what I mean

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Its called an opinion. Yes, IMO, I want seats added instead of seats removed.
Man..we ain’t filling seats now....even sellouts aint full....
AU and LSU "Most" of time are full ...Not always
I sit it good area...and there are always empty seats...
Tx AnM...MSU. Returned tickets last year...probably others

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Man..we ain’t filling seats now....even sellouts aint full....
I sit it good area...and there are always empty seats...
Tx AnM...MSU. Returned tickets last year...probably others
The tickets are sold. The people just don't show up.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
The tickets are sold. The people just don't show up.
I really question if all tickets are sold...but UA says they are.. so OK..
But thats what i mean...people just aren’t showing up....
And really...if my seats were in the end zone...at the top...I would be home in my chair on my HDTV....near my bathroom with a cold beer

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
You're right on LSU. But that's not the case with attendance at Jordan Hare. They didn't have a capacity crowd for any of their home games last season. Not one sell out much less having a full stadium.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
You're right on LSU. But that's not the case with attendance at Jordan Hare. They didn't have a capacity crowd for any of their home games last season. Not one sell out much less having a full stadium.
Hopefully we dont use AU to set standards though...
Its the new normal......
The cost, weather, seat quality, etc will be the battle between HD TV, those cold beers, bathroom close by ( i am hearing this more and more from Ms50+ .mostly that last one) etc as to o or stay at home.

Top Bottom