| FTBL New fundraising campaign, dubbed "The Crimson Standard" (*UPDATED COLEMAN INFO*)

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I know, there's a thread somewhere but it's probably 5 pages deep since last post, so IDGAFIAP... LOL

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score

5:30 minutes worth of ooohs and ahhhhhs!!!

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Looks like every level is going to face a cut in their ticket allotment with that new video board in the South End Zone upper deck. Unless that pavilion area below is going to be open for those people.

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Welp, one of the contended questions about Coleman has been answered. Looks like they're going to completely gut the arena, rotate the playing surface 90 degrees, and basically add a upper deck for seating.

Biggest upgrade is moving the seating closer to the floor, and putting the student section right ON TOP of the bench.

Thank God.

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Looks like every level is going to face a cut in their ticket allotment with that new video board in the South End Zone upper deck. Unless that pavilion area below is going to be open for those people.
Video board looks to be cutting at least 1k seats alone.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I was just about to post about this. We have had issues filling those upper deck endzone seats, so that video board and seating area will be pretty damn cool. Looks like they are shooting for the Mercedes Benz stadium with interactive and posh styling. Should be badass. Slowly working towards a more professional team atmosphere if you ask me, but if you have the money, I'm sure you'll appreciate it.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
@BamaFan334 I was think Jerry World when I first watched the video.
@Sgt. Lincoln Osiris I’m guessing we probably lose about 1-2k in seating. al.com article says that the entire South End zone upper deck was 9,600+ seats but the exact dimensions of the video board aren’t known yet. Better guess would be around 3k in sears lost but the pavilion below the board would be available for students.

Last edited:

mhardiman

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
-4,500 to 5,000 would be more like it in the South upperdeck. Although it looks like bleacher seats is replacing the chairbacks in the west upperdeck and the chairback in the lower bowl below the pressbox so that should recoup about 2,500-3,000 seats.

Last edited:

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
-4,500 to 5,000 would be more like it in the South upperdeck. Although it looks like bleacher seats is replacing the chairbacks in the west upperdeck and the chairback in the lower bowl below the pressbox so that should recoup about 2,500-3,000 seats.
So staying steady at around 100k, it appears.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Sure would screw the west upper fans.....most who stay there...because of great seating leg room and chair backs.....
Hopefully nobody is stupid enough to do this

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
So staying steady at around 100k, it appears.
And 100K is enough...isnt it.....or even less

mhardiman

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
^^^If they're going to remove 2/3 of the south upperdeck (which I don't like) they have to add seats back in somehow. I'm surprised U1 and U2 seating remains as is; I was expecting it to get ripped out and adding skyboxes on each side of the pressbox. I hate the exterior to the stadium I'm seeing as well; It looks like an ugly modern NFL stadium/downed flying saucer. This is a college stadium on a college campus; it needs brick and mortar and arches... with little glass.

An exterior a little more like this is what I would prefer.

Last edited:

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
^^^If they're going to remove 2/3 of the south upperdeck (which I don't like) they have to add seats back in somehow. I'm surprised U1 and U2 seating remains as is; I was expecting it to get ripped out and adding skyboxes on each side of the pressbox. I hate the exterior to the stadium I'm seeing as well; It looks like an ugly modern NFL stadium/downed flying saucer. This is a college stadium on a college campus; it needs brick and mortar and arches... with little glass.

And you're like...

The ONLY one with those sentiments.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I think we lose at least 5,000, probably more. when we had no end zone upper decks we were 83,818, then 92,138 with the first end zone UD and finally 101,821 (I know there were some other adjustments but the upper decks were the vast part of each build. So, about 9,000 an end zone, looks like the screen will take more than half. The other mezzanine seating areas will gobble up some seats, too.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

And you're like...

The ONLY one with those sentiments.
I can't see the photo, but I'm no fan of this mock-up. Indeed a saucer.

Top Bottom