| MBB/WBB New Court Design Finished

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I can't tell (prolly 'cause I'm sitting in a truck, looking at a laptop.)

Is the SEC outlined in their blue?

I liked last year's SEC logo better.

Bama Club
Reaction score
In a perfect world I would prefer the logo we have at BDS at mid court. Seems like we had it a few years back.

Last edited:

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
They had several options to choose from, but this seems to be Nate Oats and staff making a bit of a point. Sometimes people need to be reminded that The University of Alabama is the flagship of this state. It's more than a logo to Oats, it's a statement. I think it's the identity he's striving to (re)create for the program.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
See the quote in the other BBall thread

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
So does this mean another new court with happen once they change the layout of Coleman, or is the floor not moving, but the surrounding area is?

Brandon Van de Graaff

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Call it whatever you want. Not sure how old you are but back when our program was enjoying the successful run in the 80's and 90's, it was during a time when Wimp built the program around stuff you'd likely consider "barnerish". As for the play of Oats' team, I think it speaks for itself too as it relates to auburn.

Last edited:

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I hadn't considered that scenario. When you consider basketball coaches around the collegiate leagues taking pay cuts this season? Those are programs looking at revenue.

Then I consider Byrne. I know he'll push ahead. At least, that's my opinion of him.

Brandon Van de Graaff

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I hope so. I know he likes Oats. And if Oats wins, he's going to have a ton of leverage in 2-3 years. Byrne is smart and knows that. Bottom line, if Oats wants that re-built arena, then win. And I think he will.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I'm reminded of his statement about taking what they've done and doing it at Alabama.

He's pitching his system and has a year of provable results, what's been missing pieces.

If I'm seeing this right, and these players are who I think them to be, along with what I so last season?

If they get on the court this fall with limited capacity crowds on the road the dynamic of the season changes dramatically. I think, actually believe, it's going to catch some fans and coaching staffs unprepared.

They know what's coming, to a degree, and I doubt they'll adjust well with the depth, diversity, and speed.

My guess? More shot attempts in all three shot attempt categories (3,FT,2FG.)

Brandon Van de Graaff

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Yep. The thing that really stands out to me right now is the depth. Most of last year's injuries were just bad luck, but there's little doubt that Oats' blue collar style of play offers up a tad bit more chance of injuries (see Petty last year for example). It will be much easier to absorb those hits now. The other thing is, the overall influx of premium talent. As many 3's as they will shoot, there will be nights that some guys are just off. But with this roster, how often are all of them going to be off? They've got some shooters to go with some inside presence that will open up LOTS of opportunities. Early on in the season, I'm not real sure watching last year's film will be very beneficial for some opponents. Its gong to be a different team that's now able to do more with the same offense... scoring in the paint and grabbing more offensive boards (I hope anyway). Also, as a group, better ball handlers and much stronger on the defensive side. All of that has me excited.

Top Bottom