| FTBL ND or Clemson in ACC?

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
actually Cutcliff is an out standing HC....was the stick that stirred the pot for Tennessee....why he wasn’t maintained at Ole miss is beyond me...
....the 1 losing season in 4-5...?.....but had some good ones also....even one 10 win season...
When he left tennessee...the vols went down....andwhy Tennessee didnt hire him...when they were desperate...
Thank goodness

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

I firmly believe that he was the reason both Manning boys played where they did.

Cut was hired to go to ND and be the new OC after he left Ole Miss, but ended up having a heart attack needing by-pass. He took a little time off and then ended up back at UT for a year or two near the end of Fulmer's run, but they were not able to re-kindle the fire. I think they had lost too many good recruiters by that time. Cut got the offer to go to Duke and has been there ever since. I think UT tried to gauge some interest in one of the hires.....maybe about the time Dooley was hired or right after, but Cut seems very comfortable.

Last edited:

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Fulmer's attention wasn't on the football program in his later years: see Mack Brown at Texas.

And, a point which no one tends to touch, they weren't beating anyone of note.

Cut is still a POS in my book for his role with Fulmer and the Albert Means situation. But, the guy has a good offensive mind for football (not unlike Freeze when he was at Ole Miss.)

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Clemson will have their one scare game from the bottom dwellers of the ACC, like they do each season. Then they’ll kick everyone else’s ass. Same song, 6th verse.

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I hate both of them. I hope nd could beat Clemson but, I don’t think they can. Clemson has no competition.

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Bama Club
Reaction score
True, but unfortunately one of that bunch will win the ACC. And as much as we would like for it to be other than ND or Clemson, it appears that it will be one or the other. The only other that even appears to be able to compete is UNC. Clemson and UNC do not play and ND plays at UNC and has Clemson at home.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
ND will not beat Clemson.... They are who they are and have been for years now. Win a lot of games but not against the best teams.

We All Bleed Crimson

Football's GREATEST Tradition !
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
ND did not look good against Duke. Duke has been horrible to start this season (I hope they improve). Clemson, while not having much competition, has still looked like a playoff team. They beat crap out of citadel, as they should have. 49-0 at the half. The ACC doesn't have a whole lot to offer as competition for Clemson. But.... as 50+ stated, there is no telling how covid and injuries will level the playing field. But that applies to all teams in all conferences.
Here's hoping for a healthy and successful season for Bama! Roll Tide Roll!!!

Top Bottom