| GAME THREAD NCAA/SEC Games of the Week ( 10/22 - 10/24)

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
A few comments on the Ole Miss/auburn games...

-Do the Ole Miss WR's work on blocking? They looked awful at times.

-Felt like 75% of Bo Nix's throws were within 5 yards of the LOS (which is sorta what they have to do with him since he's a scatter gun [and a hayseed]).

-You just have to expect that auburn is going to get the benefit of the replay calls. I don't know how this is explained, but the evidence at this point is more than mere coincidence.

-Lane lost the game when he went conservative with about 5 minutes left. Guess he thought he had the Steel Curtain defense all of a sudden, but they had auburn on the ropes. Just run your offense, for better or worse. Jordan Rodgers was right on that point.

-Lane also should have kicked the FG instead of that ungood fake they ran.

-Tank Bigsby is auburn's offense. If he stays healthy, they'll have a shot in most of their remaining games. He's a difference maker.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Taulia Tagovailoa gets the start tonight for Maryland.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Ohio State coach Day apologized for scoring a TD with 18 seconds left while up 28. Says he didn’t have the right personnel in to down the ball. What?! LMAO Never heard of a situation where a coach didn’t have people in that could down the ball. Must take special players that have been well taught.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I swung and missed on this LSU/South Carolina Game. Figured one team would win an ugly game like 19-17. LSU is playing much better than I expected but I'm not sure the Gamecocks could beat Vandy tonight.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
So LSWho? is like Stella and getting its groove back?

OR is the barn just that bad?

Trob

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Not a great debut for Taulia. I hope the leash isn't too short and he can turn it around this season. That said, I always thought he'd be a guy that would need some years in a program to hopefully contribute around his RS junior or senior year ala Blake Sims. In any case, I'm rooting for him.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Tualia is not ready for prime time. 14 of 25 for 94 yards and 3 picks against Northwestern. Add 3 rushes for -16 yards to that. His backup was 4 for 4 for 47 yards in mop up.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Interesting little side note on Maryland.

Until this weekend I'd forgotten about another tie-in with Bama and Maryland besides Lia and Tua.

Isaiah Jacobs, running back for the Terps, is Josh's younger brother.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
The match-ups certainly gave plenty of reason to think UofSC had a good chance in this game. I thought Jaycee Horn would do a lot better against Terrance Marshall considering what we'd seen him do when covering Seth Williams.

Outside of the game itself, ESPN left me shaking my head; again. If you missed it there was a graph in the third quarter they used to support their "talking point" of how the LSU defense had improved. The graph displayed how they'd only allowed a little over 300 yards to UofSC when they've been averaging allowing 400 plus yards per game.

One problem. That graph was put on in the third quarter. Second problem, UofSC put up over 400 on LSU's defense by the end of the game.

Napier's resume just got a little more appealing for the PTB in Columbia.

Top Bottom