| RECRUIT National Signing Day - Wednesday, the 6th. (How does Alabama finish out its 2019 class?)

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Reaction score
Suppose he was he talking about coach Sunseri? Kids!

Reaction score
I think kids like Bogle like the attention and notoriety of being a Bama commit, but get scared of the competition when it comes time to actually commit. UF might be a great fit for him. He surely won't have to work as hard to make the field and will have plenty of attention showered on him by the coaches. At Bama, he'd be just another cog in the wheel... albeit a wheel that keeps "Rolling" winning National Championships and putting players in the NFL...

I have very mixed feelings about letting kids have "verbal commitments" on the national stage. For us fans, it's great, but the reality is it means nothing. I think the NCAA would have been better served to eliminate the ability to make a national verbal commitment over the early signing period... but that's just me. I'm sure there is some good for it too.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Reaction score
I think kids like Bogle like the attention and notoriety of being a Bama commit, but get scared of the competition when it comes time to actually commit. UF might be a great fit for him. He surely won't have to work as hard to make the field and will have plenty of attention showered on him by the coaches. At Bama, he'd be just another cog in the wheel... albeit a wheel that keeps "Rolling" and wins National Championships and put players in the NFL...

I have very mixed feelings about letting kids have "verbal commitments" on the national stage. For us fans, it's great, but the reality is it means nothing. I think the NCAA would have been better served to eliminate the ability to make a national verbal commitment over the early signing period... but that's just me. I'm sure there is some good for it too.

Kind of like George Pickens flipping to Georgia today. A 2-year commitment to the barners and what did it get them? Even if he doesn't qualify, that kind of foolishness leaves a mark.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
HARRY'S
Reaction score
I hope Bama get the best players today! Notice I didn't say best 5*! I said best players! Let Coach Saban mold them into what bama need them to play as!

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Reaction score
Seldom do you get a player to just come out and say it. Wonder if he deletes it fast enough?

Reaction score
Conyis Miller, Auburn player

View attachment 10667
I really have a hard time believing the Universities and/or coaches are paying players. Alumni giving some cash, maybe. But I think the coaches and universities would be hard on supporting anything of the kind. It's BIG money to them if they get caught. I mean HUGE money... so I just don't see it being supported by ANYONE in the staff or University and in this day and age of Social Media, I don't see how you could do it under the table either.... it's just not the same world as it was 25 -35 years ago when I truly do believe it went on rampantly. Maybe that's just my own foolishness... but I see that comment by Conyis Miller more as sour grapes than anything else.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Reaction score
I really have a hard time believing the Universities and/or coaches are paying players. Alumni giving some cash, maybe. But I think the coaches and universities would be hard on supporting anything of the kind. It's BIG money to them if they get caught. I mean HUGE money... so I just don't see it being supported by ANYONE in the staff or University and in this day and age of Social Media, I don't see how you could do it under the table either.... it's just not the same world as it was 25 -35 years ago when I truly do believe it went on rampantly. Maybe that's just my own foolishness... but I see that comment by Conyis Miller more as sour grapes than anything else.
USC, Ole Miss, Miami, Louisville in basketball and countless others have been caught doing it. Not just cash, but jobs, cars, bills etc. It happens everywhere and coaches know it does.

Reaction score
USC, Ole Miss, Miami, Louisville in basketball and countless others have been caught doing it. Not just cash, but jobs, cars, bills etc. It happens everywhere and coaches know it does.
I don't think BB has the same Cash in-flow as Football does... but I don't follow it as much. Does BB pay out 40 million + to each university? Do the coaches make 7 million dollars per year salaries? I truly don't know, but I suspect that Football is a much larger revenue source for both the coaching staff and the university than BB is (on average, I'm sure schools like Duke see it differently).

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
ADMINISTRATION
HARRY'S
Reaction score
Seldom do you get a player to just come out and say it. Wonder if he deletes it fast enough?
Won't matter, internet has an unlimited memory.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Reaction score
We getting the guys from the wish list you guys had?

Reaction score
Sopsher rolls with the TIDE !!

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Reaction score
First film I’ve watched on Ish. Kids a monster but coach Yeah Yeah Cochran certainly has a project coming in.

Top Bottom