| RECRUIT National Signing Day - Wednesday, the 6th. (How does Alabama finish out its 2019 class?)

colbyjacks

Verified Member
Reaction score
I think he really wanted an offer from the Florida schools, especially UF. Committing to BAMA and then having the season he did this past year just saw his stock soar.
Sounds like you are saying he used Bama a little bit. I just think he really likes Enos. He has nothing but great things to say now about Miami. But the kid is right when he said that the staff he committed to at Bama, none of them are around except Saban. Let’s not forget that supposedly this is the first time that the whole staff agreed on making this quarterback the number 1 priority at that position.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
HARRY'S
Reaction score
Sounds like you are saying he used Bama a little bit. I just think he really likes Enos. He has nothing but great things to say now about Miami. But the kid is right when he said that the staff he committed to at Bama, none of them are around except Saban. Let’s not forget that supposedly this is the first time that the whole staff agreed on making this quarterback the number 1 priority at that position.
I wouldn't go so far as to say using BAMA. Like you said too, Enos was the likely tipping point, but the offer from BAMA caused him to jump on it before any of the in state schools ever really took notice. He then blows up last season, winning a state championship and Mr. Football. Enos leaves for Miami and Mullen and staff takes a good long look at him too. You can't blame him either. QB roster here is going to be tough to overcome. Tua will be a senior if he doesn't leave early and Lia is either going to be the second coming of Tua or Tyson will be the one slinging it all over the yard as sophomores. Miami QB room looked like a train wreck last year, Rosier gone and Perry will be a RS junior and UF has Franks and Jones. Franks will be a RS senior and Jones a junior by the time he stepped on campus should he attend UF.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Reaction score
Just a few of my own small observations leading up to signing day or as we should get used to calling it, "gleaning season." Ish is listening to Mama and staying in Baton Rouge. The weight room and a higher motor should be his immediate goal when he gets there. Bogle is a complete mystery with his newfound connection to Manny Diaz, my guess is Miami. We're getting Robinson and Young and both are needed gets as depth goes. After that, it just feels like everything is just gravy.

With QB Plumlee just leaving Georgia for Ole Miss and a couple of big losses on ESD, doesn't it feel like the shine has come off Kirby a little? I think it will be interesting next cycle if he can duplicate the momentum of his #1 recruiting class. It's kinda funny, what we affectionately refer to as 4th and 11, the Jawja fans refer to as "4th and foolish" around here. I like that one better.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
Reaction score
Just a few of my own small observations leading up to signing day or as we should get used to calling it, "gleaning season." Ish is listening to Mama and staying in Baton Rouge. The weight room and a higher motor should be his immediate goal when he gets there. Bogle is a complete mystery with his newfound connection to Manny Diaz, my guess is Miami. We're getting Robinson and Young and both are needed gets as depth goes. After that, it just feels like everything is just gravy.
If there's anything that catches my eye this class it's this: you've got a read on Sopsher.

I'm not disputing your take. You may be right. (It's of note Saban's pitch during his trip here was to Sopsher's dad on how Bama would be using him.) I have to ask. What drives you to believe it's him listening to his mother?

I suspect it's just a slip, but he's from Amite.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Reaction score
If there's anything that catches my eye this class it's this: you've got a read on Sopsher.

I'm not disputing your take. You may be right. (It's of note Saban's pitch during his trip here was to Sopsher's dad on how Bama would be using him.) I have to ask. What drives you to believe it's him listening to his mother?

I suspect it's just a slip, but he's from Amite.

I just used BR as a get off point. Amite is probably the only thing right now that makes all this feel doable. Petito, Dad, the barber specifically. Another notable sign is that Dandy Don as late as today has put Ish in the "who knows"category. By the way, they seem to be overly concerned that Williams is flirting with Miami. The Mama side came from some of the Cajun insiders who feel it's about staying close and her lean is BR.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Reaction score
I think you might be right about Bratton. Wearing the jersey with his high school number is okay, the name isn't. It's a "personalized game day experience."

I don't believe this has anything to do with schools profiting off of a jersey at this point. They aren't committed, enrolled, or even on the team. It looks like two rules being mixed together a bit here.
Well I meant more for the jerseys that they auction off on the rolltide.com site. Game worn jerseys from current players. Was just encompassing the whole shebang.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
Reaction score
I just used BR as a get off point. Amite is probably the only thing right now that makes all this feel doable. Petito, Dad, the barber specifically. Another notable sign is that Dandy Don as late as today has put Ish in the "who knows"category. By the way, they seem to be overly concerned that Williams is flirting with Miami. The Mama side came from some of the Cajun insiders who feel it's about staying close and her lean is BR.
There's a counter to each and every one's story.

I like how he's "trending towards LSU in the 247Sports CB's" and all the recent picks are from places like Arkansas, Ole Miss, and FSU. I like how I'm not seeing anyone mention Rivals lead LSU reports says Bama. It's all over the place because it's been practically impossible to read.

I'm not going to be shocked either way.

Reaction score
I believe he photoshopped that on... there is no "nameplate" stitching to indicate that was on the Jersey when he wore it. Also the edges of the letters are too crisp and aligned to not be digital.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Reaction score
There's a counter to each and every one's story.

I like how he's "trending towards LSU in the 247Sports CB's" and all the recent picks are from places like Arkansas, Ole Miss, and FSU. I like how I'm not seeing anyone mention Rivals lead LSU reports says Bama. It's all over the place because it's been practically impossible to read.

I'm not going to be shocked either way.

If it's a business decision he's coming to Tuscaloosa. If he has this man crush on special Ed that Cajun's believe I think he stays.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Reaction score
We may not be after but a few, but tomorrow promises to be a long day before we get it sorted out.

KHRIS BOGLE, 4-STAR WDE, FORT LAUDERDALE (FLA.) CARDINAL GIBBONS -- ALABAMA COMMIT -- 7 A.M. CT
The Tide commit appears to be genuinely torn as to whether he wants to stick with Alabama after the staff turnover or flip to Florida or Miami. The Gators got the All-American on campus the weekend before last, the Hurricanes did the same this past weekend. All three have Bogle thinking ahead of Wednesday.
BYRON YOUNG, 4-STAR DT, LAUREL (MISS.) WEST JONES -- ALABAMA COMMIT -- 8 A.M. CT
The All-American Tide pledge will wrap up his recruitment on Wednesday. Despite not signing early, Young has never indicated any sign of wavering from the Tide outside of taking official visits elsewhere, something he planned to do the day he committed to Alabama last July.
CHRISTIAN WILLIAMS, 4-STAR CB, DAPHNE (ALA.) -- ALABAMA COMMIT -- 8 A.M. CT
Williams has yet to announce a decommimtent, but he is not expected to sign with the Tide on Wednesday at 8 a.m. CT. LSU, where the in-state defensive back is visiting the final weekend, is trending to gain his services. The Tide filled up in the defensive backfield in the Early Signing Period, which Williams did not take part in.
JERRION EALY, 5-STAR RB, FLOWOOD (MISS.) JACKSON PREP -- 11:15 A.M CT ON AN ESPN2
Alabama is making a move for the 5-star ball carrier from Mississippi after signing the nation's No. 1 running in Trey Sanders and holding a commitment from 4-star ball carrier Keilan Robinson. Clemson was thought to be the favorite into the weekend along with Ole Miss near the top. Nick Saban is getting the last visit from the nation's No. 3 running back and can certainly sway momentum in favor of the Tide. Whoever lands Ealy on Wednesday will have to wait and see whether the elite baseball prospect opts to go to the MLB this summer instead of playing college football.
ISHMAEL SOPSHER, 4-STAR DT, AMITE (LA.) -- NOON CT HOUR ON ESPN2
The nation's top unsigned defensive lineman is expected to announce his final decision on Wednesday afternoon. As for where he'll commit to and sign with, it depends on who you ask. Alabama and LSU are battling back and forth for the Under Armour All-American. The Tide got him on campus last weekend; the Tigers are hosting him this weekend. Texas A&M, too, is remaining in the picture.
QUASHON FULLER, 4-STAR SDE, LEHIGH ACRES (FLA.) SENIOR -- FSU COMMIT -- 12 P.M. CT
Will the longtime Seminoles pledge stick with his commitment? Nick Saban and company are hosting him this weekend and have given him a lot of think about. The 4-star defensive lineman will sign with either Florida State, Florida or Alabama on Wednesday.
BRETT SEITHER, 3-STAR TE, CLEARWATER (FLA.) CENTRAL CATHOLIC -- 12:30 P.M CT
Irv Smith Jr. declared for the NFL Draft early and it's not clear where things stand with Kedrick James following a suspension, meaning Alabama is in need of adding another tight end. Seither's stock has skyrocketed the last few weeks with Alabama, Georgia and Penn State all hoping to add him to their classes. This weekend, Seither is on an unofficial visit to Happy Valley after visiting Tuscaloosa last weekend. Alabama and Georgia looked to be neck and neck heading into the weekend.
JAQUAZE SORRELLS, 4-STAR DT, WINTER PARK (FLA.) -- 12:30 P.M. CT
Sorrells is down to Alabama, Penn State and South Carolina ahead of Wednesday. The Tide has the Under Armour All-American on campus this weekend for an official visit. The Gamecocks have been trending since the summer despite Sorrells opting not to make a commitment as he had originally planned on Aug. 27. Will Muschamp and staff still look to be in good position heading into the final visit weekend.
JAVONNE SHEPHERD, 4-STAR OT, HOUSTON (TEXAS) NORTH FOREST -- TEXAS COMMIT -- 1 P.M. CT
Alabama appeared to be done recruiting offensive linemen after the Early Signing Period, but has since pursued Shepherd as have schools like Georgia and Texas A&M. The 4-star lineman is in Austin this weekend as the Longhorns are trying to hold onto his commitment. The Aggies and the Tide are making them work for it, though.
KEILAN ROBINSON, 4-STAR RB, Washington (D.C.) ST. JOHN'S COLLEGE -- ALABAMA COMMIT -- 1:30 P.M. CT
The 4-star running back didn't sign with the Crimson Tide early despite being committed, leading many theories to be tossed around about his status. Robinson's primary recruiter Mike Locksley left for Maryland back in December, and despite speculation that he could reopen his recruitment, Robinson maintained his commitment throughout. A last-minute visit to USC this past weekend raised some eyebrows, but it appears as though Robinson will make it official with the Tide on Wednesday.
HENRY TO'OTO'O, 4-STAR OLB, CONCORD (CALIF.) DE LA SALLE -- 2 P.M. CT HOUR ON ESPNU
Alabama, Washington, and Tennessee are all vying for the All-American linebacker. Despite rated on the outside, the Crimson Tide staff projects To'oto'o on the inside -- a major position of need in 2019. The Tide currently leads the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

https://247sports.com/college/alabam...2/#128601412_3

Reaction score
After watching a few of those tapes... Seither is extremely intriguing! Do we have an inside track there?

Anyone have a preference on Fuller/Sorrels? Obviously we can't have enough DL's...

Thanks for all the updates. RTR

Reaction score
My predictions:

K Robinson, B Young, H To'ot'o, K Bogle, B Seither. And IF we get those guys I will be super happy!

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Reaction score
I just hope we get to see something like this tomorrow

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
Reaction score
My predictions:

K Robinson, B Young, H To'ot'o, K Bogle, B Seither. And IF we get those guys I will be super happy!
That would be a good group. I'm of the opinion we see four sign today even with another spot left open:

To'oto'o, Sopsher, Robinson, and Young.

I see that more have jumped on board the "Bogle to Florida" train. I'd love to see one more on the DL, like Fuller, but I believe he'll stick with FSU. I get the feeling that Seither is going to wait on a phone call--who has that last spot open at the best time today.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Reaction score
Bogle to Florida. Still have zero clue why you announce at an All-Star game, stay committed, only to have an announcement on signing day to flip. Makes absolute zero sense to me.

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
ADMINISTRATION
HARRY'S
Reaction score

Top Bottom