| MBB/WBB Nate Oats has agreed to a contract extension to remain the @AlabamaMBB head coach through the 2027 season!

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Sounds right.

Looking over his last contract he's going to pull another 100K in performance bonuses this season. He'll get 50K for the SEC regular season title and another 50K for making the tournament. If he gets the SEC COY award, he'll pull another 25K. If they win the SECT he'll get another 50K.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
This is good news for us, and good news for him.... he can finally pull the trigger on an Orange Beach condo that he's said more than once he's been wanting. Seriously though, I figured it would come after the season, but smart of Byrne to get it done now.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Curious if Byrne was already hearing people trying to make a run at him or he was just being proactive to avoid that. Although we know this means nothing if someone makes a run and he is willing to listen.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Would bet it is a little of both... I think if UA follows through in a timely fashion on the Coleman rebuild, he will be here for the long haul. From what I understand, it took his family (especially the kids) a little bit to adjust (new schools and stuff), but they love it here now. As young as the kids are, and with the wife being happy... I doubt he's going to entertain much that comes his way unless it is something like a dream job (Michigan State maybe?). But the longer he is here, I think the deeper those roots will grow.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
CNO is a hot commodity and topic at present. Another week and a regular szn SEC ship...
Another month+ and .... maybe UA has the hottest commodity in the roundball discussion. Time to lock him up. Well done

Top Bottom