| FTBL Name ONLY 1 PLAYER Per Position

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Not knocking any of your picks, but go watch some film on Derrick Thomas. DT blocked punts on special teams and in one game, he was asked to cover Cris Carter!! Two underthrown balls were called PI but DT was on Carter like stink on shit!!!

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan back then, so my picks are skewed more towards recent folks. Felt like it wouldn't have been genuine picking guys before I was born or guys I didn't watch religiously.

That being said, Dennis Riddle was my first dive into liking Alabama. At the SEC Fanfare back in the 1996, my dad took me just because I loved any and all football, and I fell in love with the #29 crimson Nike jersey they had for sale at the Congress Center. I loved all jerseys, especially Nike ones as a ten year old. It was so plain and simple, but I have loved that jersey ever since. Trying to hunt down a real one now. Got a buddy that has a couple, but he won't sell me one.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I want to make a list, but right now it not happen! But I do like some of these players! Thanks for using some of the older player!

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
I am going on pure talent, not just stats.

QB Namath
RB Henry
WR Hutson
OL John Hannah
TE Newsome
DL Dareus
LB DT
DB Fitzpatrick
P Scott
PK Shelley(only dude to go 100% for a season, so he had one bad game in '11)

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
Mac will most likely not be a fringe 1st rounder. Probably more in the third round type of guy. He is very efficient but so was McCarron and he did not go until the 5th round. Young has the potential to be another 1st rounder, yet to be seen if he lives up to that.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
QB Snake
RB Jacobs
TE Newson
WR Cooper
OL Bozeman (yes hometown)
DL Allen
LB Langham
DB DT
P Scott
K Doyle

The thing is, it's like Lay's Potato Chips! You can't just eat (pick) one!

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
QB-Tua
RB- Mark Ingram
WR- Julio Jones
TE- OJ Howard
OL- John Hannah
DL- Marcel Darius
LB - Derrick Thomas
DB- Antonio Langham
K- Van Tiffin
P- JK Scott
LS- Carson Tinker
I went with the '09 guys simply because they were the true base that bought in to the "process" that has us where we are today.....Van arguably the biggest kick in Bama history....Langham with arguably the biggest INT for a TD in the 1st SEC championship game.....you can ramble on about your picks, a good problem to have I say.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
As stated many a time, I'm not an NFL guy...

But this I do know. Right now, the draft class for next year in the QB position is not deep. Given that, I don't think it's unreasonable to think Mac could have a season that would put him in the top five QB's drafted. That's not a third round guy.

But what do I know? Not a damn thing when it comes to how the NFL guys think...

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Lots of other ifs and buts too..
A bunch may be how the season plays....
Mac shows patches of excellence.....needs to be steady and dependable....
But...again..the season....where he can showcase his talent...
Even Nick has ?????? Inhis mind.... not doubt...but ???...

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
I am not either. The last time I cared about one team rather than just former Bama players, was in the early 80's. I do wathc the Combine and the Draft each year, mostly to see how our boys do.

You may be correct about the depth of QB talent this season, if so, that is how he can be higher than a third rounder. That or put on a show like Burrow did this past season.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
People are severely underestimating his accuracy. The only thing I want to see improvement with is that 15 yard cut.

There's a tick-toc vid out there with a few accuracy throws with Mac...Trevor "hiking" the ball. See if you can find it.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Ding Ding Ding... After last year, it's nearly impossible to underestimate how far a QB can climb the ranks. Didn't matter 1 bit that the dude was like 23 yrs old and stunk the previous 4 years.

And to add to that, Jalen was a 2nd rounder. That may have seemed just as improbable 3-4 years ago.

(Now if those were smart decisions is yet to be seen...)

Top Bottom