| FTBL Name a football player, without his injuries, that would have had his name 'writ in Crimson Flame.."

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

Tyler Love.

BAMAneck

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Tua Tagovailoa ...

He was great , but he left ALOT on the table because of injuries ....

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Gotta go with Protho.....what a talent lost on a stupid play....( see Tua).....
Brodie was just destryed by inferior team and Oline...
Namath.... knee injury took a lot away from him.... incredible athlete...til....
Tua,...so exciting...but injuries both years as a starter......

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Bama Club
Century Club
Reaction score
Prothro has his name written for The Catch.
Tua for 2nd-and-26.
Namath for being Namath
Brodie Croyle has to be my answer. He's more the answer to a trivia question than what he could have been. He threw The Catch, and had the season passing yards record at Bama for a year before Wilson broke it. But no real thing that makes him a Legend at Bama.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I'm respectfully disagreeing with a few of you here. Pro's career, cut short, still launched his name in crimson flame. The pic of THE catch is featured in a Daniel Moore painting (among others), a large wall mural in the Touchdown Club (?? think that's the name of the club that eats dinner in BDS before a game), and countless other mentions of the greatest plays in Bama history. You mention Prothro to anyone, and I guaran-damn-tee you the catch is thought of before his horrific injury.

I'm in complete agreement about Kerry Goode. To have a first half like that...and then never ever be the same after blowing out his knee? I have a hard time not thinking he would have been in some kind of final cut for the Heisman. While wearing crimson-colored glasses, I can't see where he was just going to be a flash in the pan, so to speak.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Its a nice print. Don't have it up. Resting comfortably under guest bed in guesg bedroom
Maybe sell it one day.
Pro was cool guy. Met him several times. Always so polite and gentlemanly

But ... just think what Tua and Namath could have accomplished without their injuries

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Gene Jelks. Four years of watching him run instead of having to switch to D would've been nice. Probably would've made enough money to not be bought off by aubrun.

As has been said, Kerry Goode came to mind first.

How about the opposite question - who would NOT have had their time in the spotlight if they hadn't been hurt? There was this fullback who had a severe head injury and had to change positions, went on be an All-American and NFL standout in his new position...

Top Bottom