| FTBL Najee is returning for senior season.

Bama Club
Reaction score
We have a stable of RB's going to be hard to keep all these guys happy. But it's very good issue to have.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Terrific. We thought it was going to be a rebuilding year, but the Juniors that are staying are truly allowing us to reload. We are returning most of our offense from last season, something most didn't think would be possible. Roll Tide.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I really don't think it'll be that hard. Najee and B. Robinson are in their last year and Ford is transferring, so I don't think Sanders and and K. Robinson will be all that worked up limited carries this coming year and if Sanders is as much a stud as he is talked to be he'll earn plenty of touches anyway. K. Robinson is more like a Jacobs role anyway, no? So I would think he'll have touches in a lot of the same ways. I could be wrong on his style of running, but that was my impression.

Anyone incoming would have to expect to be competing with Sanders and K. Robinson anyway...so I don't see any issues there.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
The run game needs to get a home run hitter or 2 in the regular rotation. For as good as Najee is, his ability to break long runs is non-existent. His longest run was shockingly short in 2019.

If the offense can add in Sanders/Keilan/McClellan/Roydell as a guy who can house it from 50+ yards, it will help immensely in 2020.

I also think the plays called for Mac Jones fit Najee's running style more than they did sometimes with Tua. And if Najee can be complemented with a faster guy like Jacobs was, more big plays in the run game will help the offense without Jeudy/Ruggs.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
1. Props for not making an "announcement" (If true). I dig it. Just go work your ass off and get better.

2. Could not have worked out better in favor for Alabama. I'm pretty dang sure the recruiting pitch to Roydell and Jase was that Najee leaving would open up some carries... Yes, keeping them happy will be merely impossible, but the cream will rise to the top. Can't lose someone you don't get... Like I said, worked out well for the Tide.

RTR

Reactions: #80

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Great news!!!

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I just hope he's not embarrassed for whatever reason and that'swhy he's not posting about it. The consensus everywhere was that he was leaving. All that pressure on the #1 recruit, being talked about as a bust by the recruiting folks, all the other noise, and then not getting a high end grade. He has nothing to be embarrassed about in my book, but I'm not him and hearing all the BS. He's our guy and I love him for that.

jdpas29

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
I would put him on my NFL team in a heartbeat, but I'm glad he's staying. RTR

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
He was quiet during his recruitment. Hell, there are articles where Tua was asked about it at one of the events they were both at and he even refused to say anything because Najee asked him not to because he was tired of it all. Seems to me Najee is just one of those who does his job and will announce something if he feels it needs to be announced. In this case coming back is something he only has to talk to coaches about, not anybody else. If he doesn't declare then he stays and doesn't have to announce anything.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Never have enough RBs...if one gets hot....then can go with him..aka Henry...
But...Najee can go 20-25 carries....late in a game...afterDs wore out

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I completely agree with you and picked up on that as well during his recruitment. Just making a statement that I hope he's not maintaining silence due to harrassment. We all know it happens. Just look at Rivals daily as they post "did we rank them right" stuff.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Shiiiii.... Not announcing due to harassment SHOULD be his reason.

Its 2020, let's all get real. Stay off the internet if you don't want an overwhelming amount of negativity.

Nothing wrong with living life in front of you, instead of looking down at a phone to gauge everyone else's feelings.

Love that he would have that understanding at his age

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Havent figured out who would harass a 6’3” ....230 lb athlete....
O thats right...cowards who hide behind their keyboard...
So they can go to their safe space .... with a bunch of others...
Certainly not inhis face....

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Saban didn’t have the press conference this year where the juniors make their decisions known. Maybe he didn’t last year, I can’t remember. Good to let them do it on their own. Some hold pressors, some don’t even make an announcement. Some a simple tweet. All have different personalities.

Top Bottom