| FTBL Muschamp.....next admin asst at Bama?

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Right now they're making a list (or have a list) of coaches that meet their criteria. This list could have a dozen or more candidates. As the season progresses and winds down, they will start to eliminate names (got a contract extension/raise, didn't finish strong, issues came up, etc). When they narrow the list down to a manageable number to start interviewing, that's the short list of viable candidates.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
That's not the way this has progressed. It's been in the works for a long time now. This is an athletic department, as well as a state media, who do not understand how to keep things in house.

The Golden Spurs have been sharpened and looking for meat for a good while now.

Skipz

Registered
Reaction score
That's the home run right there. You guys remember that idiot costing Auburn about 60 yards against us because he was running on the field losing his mind and cussing everybody? I don't want that idiot over here.

Maybe he, Kirby and Mike Bobo can put the band back together in Athens.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
In this case whether or not he could become a good coordinator here isn't the question. You've touched on why he's a bad fit here, or there, anywhere for that matter regardless of his position: "but he is a hot head."

That's just dipping your toe in the water. He's not stable, emotionally, when he's coaching. We can talk of whether it's a mental thing. Maybe he's just full of himself? Or maybe just immature? Chances he has anger issues ... this list goes on.

Why would anyone want someone like this over students, players, and other staff members? There's authority that comes with a coordinator title. Why would anyone want someone with this 'power', with the issues he has, over these people?

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Maybe....when yousay "hes not stable, emotionally when he’s coaching....etc....."
Would some say that aboutNick ?...with his sideline tantrums...

how was he when he worked for Nick early in his coaching life?

i just see no body being bigger than nick on sidelines...

i don't think Muschamp would be outta control on nick’s sideline....
We need a better DC...my opinion after2 years of the guy we have...but who...
Nicks call

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
Muschamp is Pelinni with a shorter fuse. They are young enough to maybe be relevant again as DC’s when the cycle shifts in schemes. Right now they are irrelevant in the P5 it would seem.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
If we are talking about a new DC at the end of the year and Golding is ROF or ROMF for the union workers on here........I hope we are talking to Derek Mason.

When he was at Stanford, he orchestrated some damn good defenses against Oregon, when they were gassing everyone in the Pac 12. I think he has a grasp of what it takes to defend and defend well against the HUNH and as Nick puts it, "what football has become". He is pissing up a rope and losing a losing battle at Vandy. He has coached in the NFL and seems to be pretty clean from a background standpoint. I think he would be an interesting hire, should Vandy cut loose and he be available.

In all honesty, I think our D is coming together fairly well and Golding continues to coach. Until the game (or rules) changes and we move back to a more traditional style offense......suffocating defense will probably be a thing of distant memory.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
🤣🤣🤣🤣. Every sob that gets fired is Golding’s replacement. Hell Joe Lee Dunn is rattling around out there somewhere why don’t we drag his carcass in and beat Pete around the head and ears with it.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Maybe I need to be a sports writer. Did not read the article but let me guess and see how many are listed in the article:

1) Freeze
2) Napier
3) Sark
4) Fickell
5) Venables

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Went and read to find out who my misses were. Would have been hard for me to have picked the Coastal Carolina and Louisville coaches although reading about them I can see how they might be an option. Staley I never would have guessed but being a past player it could be a popular hire.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Crazy how the SEC is shifting towards offensive coaches.

Tanner better make a hire that makes the East at least go damn. Ole Miss certainly did.

Top Bottom