| FTBL Muschamp.....next admin asst at Bama?

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
IMO, CLF at Cincinnati is in a great place. He is from Ohio, played and graduated at OSU, served as interim when Tressel resigned/fired, served with Urban in his time at OSU and now is the head coach at UC. I may be wrong but I think Fickell stays at UC.

CSS does not need to be in a hurry to leave Bama as OC. He has had his cup of coffee at USCw and even in the pros. I think with his age, experience and being a recovering from a horrible disease, he does not need the added pressure of being a head coach. Not sure of his salary without looking it up but how much money does a person really need? He can stay at Bama and work for CNS until he decides to retire.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
No need to speculate who will replace Muschamp right now. The short list won't be made until after the season is over.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
That doesn't fit with Caslan or Ray Tanner. (It did fit with Pastides and Sorenson.) They both, undoubtedly, already have a short list especially given the fact Boom hasn't been safe in his position for a couple of years now. Muschamp and Caslan go together like oil and water.

One side effect of this happening mid-season is going to be seen at other schools: like Michigan and a dozen others who have coaches on that proverbial hot seat.

Consider this. UofSC wanted Kirby until UGA found out and beat them to the punch. That left the picking up scraps: that time, Florida's discards. Do you honestly think Tanner is going to let another school jump ahead of them in this search? Tanner is still trying to prove himself over there and this decision, and its timing, is going to directly affect his job.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
You make an excellent point here. Everyone kisses Dabo's ring, but do we know if he's actually a great coach? You said it, his coordinators have never left him. Sure, that means he pays well and is probably good to work for, but could he do what Saban has done and replace position after position with little to no drop off is the question.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
If the Liberty coach aint grabbed quick. He will be off board

Tennessee, UsCe better get their acts in gear quick

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Just surfing around I've seen several talk about bringing Boom in (within the context of other things like Golding going to Southern Miss.) It's back to the same ol' discussion often circling back to Ole Miss—this season.

Yet, I don't see any mention of what Matt Corral said about the UofSC defense in their recent game. Essentially, it boiled down to the Ole Miss offense knowing exactly what the UofSC defense was going to do, each play. Muschamp's defense here, right?

People wanting to pull Boom in to Tuscaloosa are in the same boat people at UofSC where when they hired him. Their fans were saying "yes, he failed at Florida but we're South Carolina." Now, with Bama fans, "yes, he failed at UofSC and his defenses have been poor, but we're Alabama." 🤷‍♂️

Boom is having as hard of a time adjusting to today's game as Kirby.

c5vetman

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
I'm with a couple others here, I do NOT want Coach Boom at Alabama. He hasn't shown any defensive prowess, and I remember when he was DC at the barn, a coworker was always complaining about his bend and then break defenses (and he was friends with Muschamp's dad). He's only gotten worse in the years since.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
If they do "follow the Army heritage" with Monken watch student and staff objections come into play. They did when they hired Caslan.

Some. You won't find that in their average fan because most couldn't tell you who their AD actually is (in spite of his CWS titles.) They know their women's b-ball team is good, have no clue what their coach's name happens to be. (I know this from a lot of experience even while giving hints like "her name will dawn on you.")

Their baseball fans have a hard time with how they've been doing since Tanner resigned and took the AD job. They'd like to see a new face.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Can there be a difference in impact of a guy focusing on leading an entire program (all of recruiting, fundraising, hiring & training staff, etc.) and coaching defense, as opposed to just coaching defense?

I think so. Sometimes less is more. But as you've noted, if he's not willing to adjust to today's game, he'll continue to struggle.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Dantonio, I've seen several mention his name as he played there in the late 70s. Would be an interesting hire, doubt it happens.

Top Bottom