| FTBL Moore and Branch should they play together, your thoughts

BAMAneck

Century Club
My comment was in response to “the best player plays.” What determines who the best player is? Is it the veteran who knows where he needs to be and makes the proper checkoffs but might not make the interception or is it the freshman who is lightning fast but doesn’t know when or if he’s supposed to switch receivers on a rub pattern?

We all know that blocks, tackles and assignments were missed against A&M. Do you pull a player and put in someone that doesn’t have the experience or knowledge? At what point?

Now I totally agree with that. All that goes into “best player “ that’s why I said , who’s to say they aren’t. I was just hoping that some of the underclassmen would have been capable solidifying a position or two .

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
Back to the original question - Isn't Branch one of the best players on defense? Not even really dissing the other guys, but when he's on the field, he's noticeably making a difference IMO.

Yes he got burned in the TAMU game in a 1 on 1 situation, but in any type of safety/dime/nickel role, Moore is really the only guy I'd feel more comfortable with. I'd love to see what he can do full time at Safety

Top Bottom