| NEWS MLB seals their fate

mando

Sideline Club
Just shows you that it was all a publicity stunt and that they (MLB execs) didn't even read the damn GA bill.
I agree with everything you wrote especially that the execs didn't even read the bill but not sure I connect the dots with regards how moving to Coors field shows this. Something I am missing?

BTW I have ask several liberals about what is in the bill that concerns them. No good answers just it wasn't broken so why change it. A complete distrust that if a republican governor is making a change it must be bad. BTW I think conservatives do the same thing if a democrat/liberal is for something there must be something wrong with it so oppose it. We really should do more in depth analysis ourselves instead of letting the propaganda machines blindly lead us and tell us what to think.

TerryP

Ivory Club
I agree with everything you wrote especially that the execs didn't even read the bill but not sure I connect the dots with regards how moving to Coors field shows this. Something I am missing?
Anyone with a thought process is missing this. They are talking about disenfranchised voters due to race and they moved the game to a more racially divided city. Colorado requires and ID to vote. Their laws are stricter than Georgia's.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Only thing different is absentee voting/vote by mail. CO sends everyone a mail ballot they can use if they want. But you have to photocopy your ID and mail it in with the ballot if this is your first vote by mail.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Now I read it as, MLB supports recreational weed. MLB leadership is a joke.
Sadly they realize they are going the way of Nascar. Their support system is dying off as baseball was the sport for our grandparents and parents, but the new generation sadly doesn't give a shit about baseball. It's all about the NFL and NBA. They are reaching for ways to capture more of an audience, and apparently getting political and more accepting of drug use is how they want to do it. Boy, nail in the coffin if you ask me. Yet, Pete Rose is still one looked at with disdain.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Another thing that burrows under my skin... the baseball writers as a whole are just like the national CFB writers (but probably worse)... they are off the charts woke. Which is fine, whatever, other than the fact they constantly project it onto the reader/follower. It got old a while back, now it's just unbearable. I want to read about the top prospects in a particular organization or why a team with a 1/3 the payroll of another, is head and shoulders better than them. What I don't want, is to be told constantly that I'm a white supremacist simply because I'm not covered in wool. From the rule changes, to the league trying to make political statements, to the coverage the game gets, it's like they are trying to do everything possible to alienate a large portion of their fans. It's just further proof that they can (and will) ruin literally anything.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
I keep waiting to hear how there’s not enough POC in the MLB. I guess unless Dominican and Cuban native folks are considered people of color. If you notice, African American players make up a smaller and smaller percentage of the MLB as in yester year. Caucasian players may be down as well. Lots of players from Dominican, Cuba, Latin America in general. Starting to dominate the player personnel.

In 2020, the stats I saw had:
White - 57%
Hispanic/Latin - 32%
Black - 8%
Asian - 3%

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
The Biden admin has weighed in. They don't care that Colorado has similar laws. They want GA punished for passing their law because "The Ga. bill is built on a lie. There was no widespread fraud."

EDIT: I'll add a link to the tweet I saw for those interested.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
The Biden admin has weighed in. They don't care that Colorado has similar laws. They want GA punished for passing their law because "The Ga. bill is built on a lie. There was no widespread fraud."

They can say whatever they want, they know they have cover. 90% of the media is nothing more than the parrot on their shoulder.

OldPlayer

Bama Club

The bill is intended to protect the integrity of future elections. With her logic, we shouldn't worry about foreign inteference or new technologies that my impact future elections.