| FTBL Mississippi State hires Mike Leach

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Lots of money in that contract that will never be paid out.

Bama Club
Reaction score
Unlike some I think is was a very good move by MSU. He will help them recruit outside of the region.
Skill position players will be attracted due to the offense he runs.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Probably should say $2M if he wins the SEc. One, it'll never happen. Two, it would look really good on paper for the school. Three, if it did happen then the boosters would most likely be willing to donate since that would just be the best thing of their lives.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Agree 100% with you. They did what they needed to do. Find a guy that would make headlines and bring offense. Southern kids haven't seen a coach like this since Spurrier that wanted to spread the ball around like that and will definitely stay in the South to play for him.

Reactions: #80

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I'd think everything not highlighted is attainable.

h.jpg

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
@TerryP I would highlight at least one bullet more at the bottom of your list. Do not see MSU participating in CFP and maybe not Citrus but I could give them that one.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Why the Citrus? It's not a NY6 bowl and it seems if you'd give them the chance to make a NY6 bowl game you'd be forced to include the Citrus with that grouping considering is one of the "lesser" bowl games.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Joe Moorhead has been hired by Cristobal to be his OC.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
His success as OC at Penn State is a far better indicator of how he'll do in the same role at Oregon than his time as HC in Starkville. Look back. He took that Nittany Lion offense from one of the worst in the B1G in 2015 to one of the best during his two years up there.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, the Mississippi St. offense is going to be fun to watch with Leach at the controls. I have been a fan of this entertaining offense for years because you can take very average talent and put points on the board.

Top Bottom