Football Misc. off-season football 'stuff'

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
I thought it interesting that Johnny Football talked about being Bipolar and has been self-medicating with alcohol for years. Mental illness has such a long history of being one of those subjects folks don't talk about. What I have personally seen myself is that once people understand motive they can exercise a lot more tolerance and empathy for the person going through these extreme emotional cycles. Unfortunately, that's usually the last thing a mentally ill person is thinking. It does explain why Johnny Football got it so wrong, so fast, even though the last thing he is is intellectually nonexistent.

Johnny Manziel says he's bipolar, working on comeback

I thought it interesting that Johnny Football talked about being Bipolar and has been self-medicating with alcohol for years. Mental illness has such a long history of being one of those subjects folks don't talk about. What I have personally seen myself is that once people understand motive they can exercise a lot more tolerance and empathy for the person going through these extreme emotional cycles. Unfortunately, that's usually the last thing a mentally ill person is thinking. It does explain why Johnny Football got it so wrong, so fast, even though the last thing he is is intellectually nonexistent.

Johnny Manziel says he's bipolar, working on comeback
Thats great if thats the real reason.....i dont know and won't judge...but i be skeptical inthat he is playing MI for a second chance....

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Thats great if thats the real reason.....i dont know and won't judge...but i be skeptical inthat he is playing MI for a second chance....
There aren't too many success stories when it comes to emotional issues. Acknowledging his problems can only help him and those around him. That doesn't make him an NFL QB.

How much "film room" activity is going on right now? Isn't there a limit to how much time position coaches can be with players in the offseason? Aren't they involved in the 4th Quarter program and not film study for their allowed time?
Agreed. That buffoon is on F'baum all the time and a bigger attention whore than the OP. I would put zero weight on anything he says.

Last edited:
He could very easily be in there observing how the receiving coaches are teaching the receivers on how to break on their routes and at what depth against differing defenses , to help him grasp the route concept in his head to give him every opportunity to win the job back .

He could very easily be in there observing how the receiving coaches are teaching the receivers on how to break on their routes and at what depth against differing defenses , to help him grasp the route concept in his head to give him every opportunity to win the job back .
Wouldn't that come in on-the-field coaching? Film study helps with defensive/offensive tendencies, not specific how-to route running. I can envision Hurts practicing at multiple positions in the Spring (depending on how Tua practices), but remember that if he does, there are only two other scholarship QBs on the field. That may be the reason for pursuing the graduate-transfer QB and giving the team depth.

TerryP

I do my own stunts but never intentionally.
ADMINISTRATION
How much "film room" activity is going on right now? Isn't there a limit to how much time position coaches can be with players in the offseason? Aren't they involved in the 4th Quarter program and not film study for their allowed time?
This.

And this ...

I take the shit that fool says with a smaller grain of salt that I do just about anyone else.