| OT Might be coming home?

Rolltide24

Century Club
As spring ball wraps up and we have less Bama football to discuss than some times during the year... Anyone heard from @rick4bama in a while? He usually chimes in pretty regular. Hard to keep up with everyone on here coming and going here and there. Hope Ricky is ok as well as the rest of you jabronies.

footballer

Sideline Club
As spring ball wraps up and we have less Bama football to discuss than some times during the year... Anyone heard from @rick4bama in a while? He usually chimes in pretty regular. Hard to keep up with everyone on here coming and going here and there. Hope Ricky is ok as well as the rest of you jabronies.
There is a thread in OUR LIFES about Rick. His daughter wrote that Rick is sick and been in the hospital since March 27, I think.
I believe she said he had pneumonia, associated with the virus. I haven't noticed any updates since that first post.

Rolltide24

Century Club
That’s awful news. I appreciate the update. Sorry to put this in here, I need to check that other forum more often. I was concerned because I haven’t seen him post in a while.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
I received a text on my phone, early this morning. Rick is being moved to The Inn, Taylor Nursing Center in Roanoke, Alabama for rehab. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. I have never met the man in person but have talked with him on the phone, text and on here. From our conversations back and forth, he is a quality man.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
I received a text on my phone, early this morning. Rick is being moved to The Inn, Taylor Nursing Center in Roanoke, Alabama for rehab. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. I have never met the man in person but have talked with him on the phone, text and on here. From our conversations back and forth, he is a quality man.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Rolltide24

Century Club
This looks like the address:

The Inn at Traylor Retirement Community
Traylor Health & Rehab Center
1235 Yancey Street
Roanoke, AL 36274

It'd be nice if we dropped a few cards in the mail.
We may need his last name, but that may not be good to post on here. If it’s not a huge facility, maybe “ Attn: Patient - Rickey” might work. I’ll drop a card in the post office tonight.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
@alabama mike Big Favor

I spoke with some nice folks at the rehab place, and they've not gotten a referral on Rick yet, so they are unaware he's even headed their way. They strongly recommended that we make sure the family is aware of the referral process so that they can help him. It's important for them to know they will need to follow through. Could you reach out to them at that text number and make sure they know they need to reach out to the hospital staff - perhaps social services - to help them get him to the rehab facility?

EDIT: While I had them on the phone, she made a note that when he shows, anything Rick4Bama will get to him. It's a pretty small place.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
@alabama mike Big Favor

I spoke with some nice folks at the rehab place, and they've not gotten a referral on Rick yet, so they are unaware he's even headed their way. They strongly recommended that we make sure the family is aware of the referral process so that they can help him. It's important for them to know they will need to follow through. Could you reach out to them at that text number and make sure they know they need to reach out to the hospital staff - perhaps social services - to help them get him to the rehab facility?

EDIT: While I had them on the phone, she made a note that when he shows, anything Rick4Bama will get to him. It's a pretty small place.

He was hoping to be moved there today but you know how hospitals are when moving folks. I will see what I can do. Thanks for the heads ups.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Update from his daughter April.

It appears Ricky will be moving to the rehab facility on Wednesday or Thursday due to some issue with paper work. The address she sent is 10470 county Road 65 Roanoke Alabama 36274.

I realize most of us men are not into sending cards on a regular basis, especially to other men, but IMO, Rick would be appreciative and hopefully, it will encourage him. It may just also do us all good to show we do care for our Bama Brother. Rick, I wish you well!

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Update from his daughter April.

It appears Ricky will be moving to the rehab facility on Wednesday or Thursday due to some issue with paper work. The address she sent is 10470 county Road 65 Roanoke Alabama 36274.

I realize most of us men are not into sending cards on a regular basis, especially to other men, but IMO, Rick would be appreciative and hopefully, it will encourage him. It may just also do us all good to show we do care for our Bama Brother. Rick, I wish you well!

Thanks so much for following up. That's their home address, I still think the rehab address above is also good if/when he gets there.

Rolltide24

Century Club
Same here 50+, we’ll said. I tried to find a restaurant there to send a gift card for, but that little town has nothing but cheap fast food a few local Asian spots. Don’t seem to have any chain sit down spots in the area.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
I mailed him some shirts months and months ago that never made it because we have a sorry ass postal service in this country, but atleast they actually returned the lost package to me just recently, so I will get him these shirts and make him a hat to hopefully boost his spirits. Is that one address above a good one to mail stuff to?