| MBB/WBB ***Max Effort. Continuous Growth. Selfless Love. The Nate Oats Era Program News/Off-season Thread that's NOT covering recruiting***

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
We've got recruiting threads on some top recruits, as well as a general recruiting thread. There was an article posted in another thread covering Coach Oats' first workout with the team a few weeks back, but I think the good news of where Coach Oats is taking this program, rebuilding a different culture, deserves its own thread.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Coach Oats is giving off all the right signs of an excellent basketball coach. If he is able to coach up what he has already in the barn, that alone should make him COY in the conference.

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Coach Oats can't really get credit for this specifically. But, this is his program now. I'm betting that we can expect a continuation, and even an improvement, of this particular type of program result from an overall cultural standpoint.

planomateo

great White North
Ivory Club
Reaction score

Direct link to interview below, starts around the 7 min 20 sec mark.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Good interview.... Comes across as personable and genuine.

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
So a few Oats threads ago around the time he was announced before his presser, I'd assessed that we'd more than likely be able triple his Buffalo contract, while still being able to come out cheaper than what we were paying Avery (3 mill), at around the 2.5 range.

Looks like I was onto something with that assessment.

Top Bottom