FTBL Mack Wilson snubbed on the Butkus, says "I'm coming for it next year"

BamaFan334

Verified Member
The only thing about Najee is that he runs so tentatively in the first few yards. Once he gets going then he is great. But it is almost a "paralysis by analysis" when it comes to him picking a spot and getting north/south.
I think he needs multiple carries in a row, like Henry to really be dominant. He's just too big to be a one hitting type guy. That's my opinion atleast.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
I think he needs multiple carries in a row, like Henry to really be dominant. He's just too big to be a one hitting type guy. That's my opinion atleast.

Our backs need some rhythm. Frankly, Najee may end up in a situation not as favorable as Henry. I don't know I've ever seen him in a game with at least 20 carries.

BamaFan334

Verified Member

Our backs need some rhythm. Frankly, Najee may end up in a situation not as favorable as Henry. I don't know I've ever seen him in a game with at least 20 carries.
That'll definitely be the case if Trey Sanders comes to Tuscaloosa. I think in the Playoff against Oklahoma and possibly Clemson we will need Najee big time. His versatility and size will be huge. Jacobs and Najee will be a big part of our success if we use them. We saw what Bo did against Clemson before he got hurt, so I imagine Najee could easily do the same against a big front. We are going to need to slow the game down, pound defenses with our size and old school smash mouth mentality, and then sprinkle in some play action deep balls, because Waddle and Jeudy, and Ruggs, and Smith, and Irv are just too dang good. Anyways, I think getting Najee involved early, allow him to get a rhythm, would be a positive move for us.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
That'll definitely be the case if Trey Sanders comes to Tuscaloosa. I think in the Playoff against Oklahoma and possibly Clemson we will need Najee big time. His versatility and size will be huge. Jacobs and Najee will be a big part of our success if we use them. We saw what Bo did against Clemson before he got hurt, so I imagine Najee could easily do the same against a big front. We are going to need to slow the game down, pound defenses with our size and old school smash mouth mentality, and then sprinkle in some play action deep balls, because Waddle and Jeudy, and Ruggs, and Smith, and Irv are just too dang good. Anyways, I think getting Najee involved early, allow him to get a rhythm, would be a positive move for us.

The problem is that Locksley has passed this year to set up the run. Running to set up the pass is probably what we should have done against Georgia more fully. So Oklahoma is going to be the acid test about our running convictions and principles. I'm hoping for a heavy dose of the big boys from here on out.

Really good news, for BAMA and him. I could be wrong but I just don't think he's ready for the jump. He's a good player but we haven't seen the greatness, that he flashes and is expected, on a consistent enough basis. Too too many times the ball is snapped and the defense is not set or aware of what is going on.

What do you guys think Deionte Thompson does? Isn't he a redshirt Junior? Early in the season he looked to me like a lock to be one and done as a starter but now I don't know. Would be amazing to get him back.

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
HARRY'S
Agree with Bama-Clemson 1 & 2. We both have our offenses back. They lose Renfro (thank the good Lord) and two linemen. UGA will probably be a similar team as this year, talent-wise. It could be a repeat of 2018. Will USF finally get some cred in 2019 if they beat LSU in the bowl game and claim their 2nd consecutive national championship?
UCF

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Really good news, for BAMA and him. I could be wrong but I just don't think he's ready for the jump. He's a good player but we haven't seen the greatness, that he flashes and is expected, on a consistent enough basis. Too too many times the ball is snapped and the defense is not set or aware of what is going on.

What do you guys think Deionte Thompson does? Isn't he a redshirt Junior? Early in the season he looked to me like a lock to be one and done as a starter but now I don't know. Would be amazing to get him back.
Doesn't he still have legal issues to deal with? I wonder if that could keep him in college so he doesn't get penalized by a conduct rule by the NFL.

Really good news, for BAMA and him. I could be wrong but I just don't think he's ready for the jump. He's a good player but we haven't seen the greatness, that he flashes and is expected, on a consistent enough basis. Too too many times the ball is snapped and the defense is not set or aware of what is going on."

Man, I'm glad to see somebody else say this. I've been disappointed in the LB play this year--seems like Mack needs to spend a little less time tweeting and a little more time in the mental prep. We're really missing that dominating linebacker like we've had the past 10 years or so.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Man, I'm glad to see somebody else say this. I've been disappointed in the LB play this year--seems like Mack needs to spend a little less time tweeting and a little more time in the mental prep. We're really missing that dominating linebacker like we've had the past 10 years or so.

I would love to see Dylan Moses take the next step in leadership. So much talent. It's going to be hard to overlook Dylan next season for the Butkus as well.

Top Bottom