• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| FTBL Mac Jones

Teakin86

Registered
Reaction score
Dude balled out against a very good D. I've never seen such guts and Moxy in a guy with such little big game experience (other than Tua/Jalen), especially after 2 back breaking int returns, he kept battling back. On the road in that environment with only 2 starts under his belt he definitely showed he is capable of running our O at high efficiency. Problem is we're losing offensive weapons en masse to the draft. Waddle could have a huge all sec type year next year... As he proved Sat night, he's more than just a dynamic returner.
How will the QB competition play out with Young coming in and Lia also in the mix? With this and a potential defensive coaching overhaul, this will be the most interesting and possibly the most important offseason in sabans tenure.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I like him... He did some great things. I think we'd all expect him to only get better as well...

But ultimately, the ability for a QB to do a lot with his legs is extremely important this day in age. A lesser thrower can be a more valuable QB.

Ultimately we will need an improved D either way. But with a QB that doesn't have a great running ability, the D better be REALLY REALLY REALLY improved.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. Mac slung the ball well. He did not hesitate to lower his shoulder to get that extra yard that so many other quarterbacks frustrate you with when they step out early or slide two yards shorter only to get upset that it's marked where they started. Mac is going to be ok. I adm it it was tough to not feel Tua's passes would have been more on the money on the long balls, but he will get there. Bryce Young is going to be amazing as well as Taulia, so I don't see us going anywhere.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I have been waiting on this thread. I was very pleased with Mac's play. Was he off on an occasional throw, absolutely. Was he Tua? No but I never expected him to be. He faced diversity and did not let it negatively impact him. I certainly wish he had not thrown those 2 interceptions but how he responded afterwards was a great sign. If we can keep a couple of weapons and beef from going to the NFL this can still be a really good offense next year.

Last edited:

Bama Club
Reaction score
He exceeded my expectations take away the two picks and he played a near perfect game. The moment and location was not too big. That's as tough a place to play as there is in CF.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I thought he played very well, and far better than what he was getting from folks here pregame. Yes, there were underthrows, but he stood in and had some really nice completions knowing he was going to get drilled, and he was willing to stick his head in to keep drives going. He still reminds me of a young AJ.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
He played really well but unfortunately he will be remembered for those two hideous pick sixes more than the four touchdowns and nearly 400 yards passing.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
The most impressive thing to me was the passes when someone was drilling him. The long bomb to Waddle was one where he knew he was going to get obliterated and just threw it up and gave his guy a shot at making the play. When you have generational talent on the outside that's all you want sometimes.

The frustrating thing was that he would make really awful throws - like both picks and the underthrow to Smitty in the end-zone - but then turn right around and throw a perfect ball like the one in the corner of the end-zone to Waddle. I guess that just comes with inexperienced. He and Waddle def. had some crazy connection.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
He balled out

The first pick 6 was terrible and he owned it

The second was all on the voodoo. That could be thrown 100 more times and is a simple in-completion

To see him shake those off the way he did speaks volumes to his guts and confidence

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
CNS was in Oxford earlier. OM guy here at work said he hoped he wasn't on campus recruiting :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
From the rant

"Nick Saban and Steve Sarkisian are expected out to see Bryce Young and his family tomorrow (Tuesday) in California, according to Young's dad. He tells me they're also working on visiting UA one of the next two weekends (to help recruit other visitors) with his own season now wrapped up. Young plans to sign early and enroll at UA following the All-American Bowl." -- TW

ETA: Starting today, Bama's coaching staff is doing in-home visits with all commits and top targets. As HC, Saban is limited to one in-home per recruit, so he'll only visit kids signing early or deciding before the 12/16-01/16 dead period.

Top Bottom