| NEWS LSU students planning protest over Will Wade suspension

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
@TUSKtimes, that's not what I read. I'm seeing Burns saying he wished Wade would have said the opposite. Instead of saying, "I understand, but am keeping quiet" he'd rather him say "I'm innocent."

Now, if given the opportunity, I'd have to ask Burns what about his first denial: "I have never, ever, done any business of any kind with Christian Dawkins.”

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
@TUSKtimes, that's not what I read. I'm seeing Burns saying he wished Wade would have said the opposite. Instead of saying, "I understand, but am keeping quiet" he'd rather him say "I'm innocent."

Now, if given the opportunity, I'd have to ask Burns what about his first denial: "I have never, ever, done any business of any kind with Christian Dawkins.”

OK, and who wouldn't be willing to say that if what he's being accused of didn't happen. In my mind, no innocent coach is going to give up coaching against the last team on the schedule he needs to win to clinch an SEC title. A team that he built and not being able to take to the NCAA and SEC tourney? Wade fears something that scares him enough that he doesn't want to perjure himself under oath. Nothing clear or simple about this mess. If I'm LSU he doesn't ever step into that locker room.

I wonder if he came up with this strategy after watching Pearl stonewall his AD and administration and survive?

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
We all knew it was only a matter of time!!!

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Over the last few days there's been a few conversations around the 'net about more things coming LSU's way. I couldn't tell you the first time I've heard stories that revolved around the same theme. The difference I'm seeing today is these stories are coming from LSU fans whereas in the past it's been something I've seen discussed from fans of other SEC and Louisiana schools.

Here's a snippet of one such post I received. Take it for what it's worth:
“The stuff is literally about to Hit the Fan in Baton Rouge. Like bad bad . Let me explain. To begin I am one of the two LSU contributors of this page. I am a lifelong fan and An Alum. Reports out of Red Stick is that Baton Rouge’s Our Lady of the Lake Hospital Foundation laundered money to LSU Basketball recruits. John Paul Funnes(a former friend and LOT J tailgate partner) was the OLOL Foundation’s former director that was fired this past November for a pattern of embezzlement and forgery. The FBI and BR DA has the case. If The O.L.O.L Foundation is laundering Foundation money to LSU recruits is true ... LSU is super Screwed. Not just talking basketball. Talking the whole athletic department and it’s programs. The LSU Board of Supervisors allowed it based on the reports out of Baton Rouge. This goes beyond lack of institutional control. Talking institutional cheating . This isn’t some private booster.. this is a public foundation that is indirectly tied to the LSU healthcare network that receives reimbursements from tax dollars, and a major LSU sponsor. We are epically screwed. Talking historical epically Screwed. If this turns out to be true.. I can’t be a LSU fan for much longer barring a total cleaning of the LSU leadership and the LSU Board. Things never change here. The politics are toxic. This goes all the way up to the Louisiana Governor’s Office and LA State Senate. Rant over
#LSUBayouBandit”

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Bama Club
Reaction score
Over the last few days there's been a few conversations around the 'net about more things coming LSU's way. I couldn't tell you the first time I've heard stories that revolved around the same theme. The difference I'm seeing today is these stories are coming from LSU fans whereas in the past it's been something I've seen discussed from fans of other SEC and Louisiana schools.

Here's a snippet of one such post I received. Take it for what it's worth:
“The stuff is literally about to Hit the Fan in Baton Rouge. Like bad bad . Let me explain. To begin I am one of the two LSU contributors of this page. I am a lifelong fan and An Alum. Reports out of Red Stick is that Baton Rouge’s Our Lady of the Lake Hospital Foundation laundered money to LSU Basketball recruits. John Paul Funnes(a former friend and LOT J tailgate partner) was the OLOL Foundation’s former director that was fired this past November for a pattern of embezzlement and forgery. The FBI and BR DA has the case. If The O.L.O.L Foundation is laundering Foundation money to LSU recruits is true ... LSU is super Screwed. Not just talking basketball. Talking the whole athletic department and it’s programs. The LSU Board of Supervisors allowed it based on the reports out of Baton Rouge. This goes beyond lack of institutional control. Talking institutional cheating . This isn’t some private booster.. this is a public foundation that is indirectly tied to the LSU healthcare network that receives reimbursements from tax dollars, and a major LSU sponsor. We are epically screwed. Talking historical epically Screwed. If this turns out to be true.. I can’t be a LSU fan for much longer barring a total cleaning of the LSU leadership and the LSU Board. Things never change here. The politics are toxic. This goes all the way up to the Louisiana Governor’s Office and LA State Senate. Rant over
#LSUBayouBandit”
WOW

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score

BATON ROUGE, LA – Our Lady of the Lake issued the following statement today: “Working with a leading independent third-party financial audit firm, we have recently completed a comprehensive evaluation of fraudulent activities committed by Mr. John Paul Funes and the safeguards we have in place to protect our ministry and the funds we raise through our Foundation. We’ve identified approximately $810,000 lost due to fraudulent activity committed by Mr. Funes, former president of the Foundation. We will complete replacement of those funds within the next 30 days and will seek restitution from Mr. Funes. The work by the independent third-party firm has confirmed that Mr. Funes acted alone and was the only member of the organization involved. Over several years, he orchestrated a series of fraudulent transactions that involved the purchase and distribution of gift cards, charter flights and payments to individuals, including forged documents, invoices and signatures. He misled hundreds of people in and outside of our organization. The forensic investigation also revealed two questionable issues that warranted we notify legal counsel for LSU.

rueben

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
If he was some 1/2 assed coach, and LSU was having a sub par year, would they still be protesting? This has nothing to do with guilty / innocent, only wins / losses.

Top Bottom