| FTBL LSU has fallen out of the AP poll. Bama comes in at #2, UGA at #3.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
1-Clemson
2-Bama
3-Georgia
4-Notre Dame
5-UNC
6-Ohio St
7-Okla St
8-Cincinnati
9-Penn St
10-Florida
11-Texas A&M
12-Oregon
13-Miami
14-Auburn
15-BYU
16-Wisconsin
17-SMU
18-Tennessee
19-Michigan
20-Iowa St
21-Louisiana
22-Kansas St
23-Va Tech
24-Minn
25-USC

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I get tickled at the 6 that havent played...have not had had the 3-4 weeks of playing in conference opponents....away from campus....

of course they haven’t had "no spring" to blame crappy D performance on...
( see bama, Florida, lsu, AU, many others)
And thats 20-30 days of competition.....

should have not ranked any non- participates til they have played...

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I want to say 1997 was the year. I'd have to look it up to be sure. I do recall they spent the entire season ranked between #4 and #8.

There's a lot of talent in that area just waiting to be kept in the Carolina's.

Trob

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I don't want to come off as the homer that I am but Bama definitely always has a schedule full of teams looking to blow their loads in trying to beat them, and for good reason. Beating Alabama, hell, hanging tough with Bama is rare(relatively speaking) and something a program/coach can really hang their hat on and sell to recruits and boosters. It's also a good time for players with NFL aspirations to get good tape for the scouts and try to get their name out there against 'NFL-like/lite' competition, so they really get up for that game to show their stuff. That "we get everyone's best shot" is cliche but it isn't just a cliche.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I am more interested in how Bama responds. Certainly different worlds bama scores 63 and wins and the fans are very concerned. OM fans lose and give up 63 points and they give their team a standing ovation.

I do not see a #2 team when I watch the games nor do I see how bama is favored by 5. I know the offense has been very very good and UGA should be less of an issue from a preparation standpoint for the D but you still have to tackle and control your assigned gaps....

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
When I heard him comment on it the impression I took away differs from yours. He mentioned how "they had it in their hands" with a chance to beat the "best team in the nation." It wasn't that he was displeased with the effort or ovation. He didn't want the fans or team to take the loss as a moral victory.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Is anybody really surprised that LSU is out of the top 25? We all know that they lost a ton of talent and coaching. They were in given a high ranking in the preseason due to their finish in 2019, not based on what they had on their team.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
True......but they still have top talent.... based on recruiting.....
They very well may have the "AU syndrome " defined by: a surprisingly great level of talent at a point in time andsupport a mediocre HC as a genius and savior!

Burrow+Cam=National championship

unlike Clemson...bama...sustainability at top level

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Its funny to me seeing "Bama has four and five stars all across their defense" when talking about how Bama is doing this season. But, I don't see LSU has four and five stars all across their entire team when discussing their 2020 season.

Top Bottom