MBB/WBB Look at the vertical for Zion Williamson of Duke. Straight up, amazing screen grab.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
Wow. I remember they used to say about David Thompson at NC State that you could put a quarter on the top of the backboard and he could jump up and leave change.
How many big men in the NBA have had people say that about them? More than a handful. There is a game or two where it sure looked like DT was that high.

Look up Wilt's story...he's got a few words about these stories. Of course, you have to take what Wilt says as "what Wilt said."

Wilt used to high-jump too so I imagine if anyone could leave change off the top of the backboard it would have been him. I'd like to see a picture of just how high he could have reached.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Zion is a lot of fun to watch. He's not built as lean as LeBron, but damn if he ain't as athletic as one can be at that size.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
HARRY'S
Wow. I remember they used to say about David Thompson at NC State that you could put a quarter on the top of the backboard and he could jump up and leave change.
Bama Alum Antonio McDeyss was one that I literally believe could do that.
Yep. Not the best video, but at the 2:46 mark McDyess hits the backboard on an alley-oop right at the name on he back of his jersey. He could fly.

Bama Alum Antonio McDeyss was one that I literally believe could do that.
Yep. Not the best video, but at the 2:46 mark McDyess hits the backboard on an alley-oop right at the name on he back of his jersey. He could fly.

Wow, that is up there.

Top Bottom