| FTBL LeRon McClain and the impact of the '92 NC game vs Miami

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
I was at the ‘92 game and was shocked at how rude, obnoxious and just plain vulgar the Miami fans were pregame.
i’d already been to Knoxville and Baton Rouge but those fans were like Sunday school classes compared to the Miami fans that night.
They were a little different post game.
We heard A LOT of trash talk from their fans too. Rude and crude comments as we walked down Bourbon Street like "What is that smell? Oh, I see now! It's those Alabama fans!" One of the group I was with snapped back real quick and shut the snob ass up! After the game, we had a hard time finding many Miami fans! They were all jumping in cabs and getting to the airport!!!

bama alum

Crimson Tide Club
We heard A LOT of trash talk from their fans too. Rude and crude comments as we walked down Bourbon Street like "What is that smell? Oh, I see now! It's those Alabama fans!" One of the group I was with snapped back real quick and shut the snob ass up! After the game, we had a hard time finding many Miami fans! They were all jumping in cabs and getting to the airport!!!
^^^ Exactly! The ones we saw were pretty damn quiet that night. Did you have any of those obnoxious people just drop right in front of you in the days before the game and start circling their fists in the air, chanting, "C-A-N-E-S!"? We did that after the game with "Roll Tide! National Champs!" They had to turn and go the other way.

mando

Sideline Club
^^^ Exactly! The ones we saw were pretty damn quiet that night. Did you have any of those obnoxious people just drop right in front of you in the days before the game and start circling their fists in the air, chanting, "C-A-N-E-S!"? We did that after the game with "Roll Tide! National Champs!" They had to turn and go the other way.
Stupid stuff like Miami fans did pregame happens when you get a little taste of success but no real history of it. Never learned how to reasonably manage it.