| FTBL Latest on Tua's recovery

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Bama Club
Reaction score

Speaking of #13.....huge week for he and his family

Tua Tagovailoa's mystifying stock ahead of the 2020 NFL Draft could become more clear this week after results following a "benchmark exam" in the rehabilitation process for the projected first-round quarterback. Tagovailoa, one of the most efficient passer in college football history, hasn't been able to throw since suffering a serious hip injury against Mississippi State that cost him the end of his junior season at Alabama in November.

NFL.com's Chase Goodbread reported Monday that Tagovailoa is scheduled for a critical CT scan this week that will determine just how far he has come in the past three months since corrective surgery on his injured hip.

NFL Network analyst Mike Garafolo analyst said in January that Tagovailoa is working out twice a day and there's "optimism" from those close to him that he's progressing quickly.

Bama Club
Reaction score
Sounds like he will be able to throw at Pro Day.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Anyone think the Colts will trade up to try and get him?

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I could see them trying, but they would have to get ahead of the Dolphins who can also trade up. I expect the Colts to take Herbert. I have heard though that Burrow doesn't want to play for the Bengals so they may trade down. That could change a lot. Chargers are also a possibility as it is obvious now they will be going for a QB also.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Bama Club
Reaction score
One of the CBS NFL writers expect the Fins to trade with Detroit for the 3rd slot (take #13. That would be two #13's with Dan Marino being the other great QB.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Good for Tua. Very happy hearing this and hopefully it's accurate.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Walter Football now has the Dolphins trading up to #2 to take Tua and of course he could still go #1 if the chips fall correctly.

Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

TRADE!!!

From talking to people in Miami, I've come to the conclusion that it makes far more sense for the Redskins to trade down than the Lions. Sure, they lose out on Chase Young, but picking Young was problematic anyway because that means they'll have four first-round picks on the defensive line, which would make re-signing everyone impossible. We saw this a couple of years ago when the Browns passed on Bradley Chubb in favor of Denzel Ward for the same reason. Young is a better prospect, but if the Redskins can trade down, I think they'd do it. Also, the Dolphins moving up to No. 3 would be nonsensical because another team can just leap over them up to No. 2.

I believe Tua Tagovailoa will be a top-three pick. The demand for quarterbacks is too high. The Dolphins, Chargers, Panthers and perhaps even the Buccaneers, Jaguars and Colts are teams that could be interested in moving up for the Alabama prospect. Tagovailoa, of course, suffered a serious injury this past season, but he will reportedly throw before the NFL Draft, which is huge. It sounds as though Tagovaila's injury wasn't as bad as it was initially suspected to be, which is great news. It'll also mean that some team will be more eager to trade up for him, so I expect either the Redskins or Lions to move down.

The Dolphins are currently slotted ahead of all the other teams I mentioned above, but they seem to love Tagovailoa, so they could trade up to make sure that another team doesn't leap over them.

Top Bottom