| FTBL Latest on College Coaching changes

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Well, you saw wrong man. It isn't the special teams coaches responsibility when your head coach tries to sub in the defense after initially telling special teams to get out there. What you're saying "could have happened" is not on the ST coach. Saban wanted to sub the defense back in. That drew the flag. This isn't an opinion, man.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Wow... just wow... dude people make mistakes, Coach Saban made a mistake. It's not the end of the world. Also, your premise is completely false. There was no be "prepared for a different punt formation." It wasn't a punt formation. They literally ran the punter on the field and took a receiver off. Saban saw the punter and made a mistake by sending the entire punt team on. He wanted to send the defense back on in case they actually ran a play. Malzhan admitted they weren't going to run a play. There were likely going to run the clock down and call timeout and then punt. Saban made a mistake. Stop trying to reason it by blaming someone else.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
What facts did you use man? You didn't use a single one. You wanna talk about FACTS? A FACT is that the special teams coach doesn't decide if and when the damn defense is subbed into the game. That is a fact. Saying that Nick Saban is infallible is not a fact. Like I get special teams has been trash for years now, so that is the easy scapegoat, but it takes some serious mental gymnastics to blame THIS scenario on the ST coach.

And why delete the post? Everyone can still see it in my response? I dont understand, if you feel so strongly that I don't know what I'm talking about then why delete?

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
^^^^

If Banks were to "send" the D back on the field, Saban may have karate chopped him.

Deciding which team goes on the field is the most simple form of Game Management possible. Game Management is the Head Coach's job... Not the freaking special teams Coach. It was one of a few Game Management mistakes made in that game, highlighted by the 1st time out that got burned because the Game Manager took too long to decide on going for it. If that TO was in pocket, it gets called in that situation and there is no confusion out of the TO. Well you'd hope, who knows the way that game was going.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Dude, seriously? You're calling what I've said "nonsense?" How so? You can disagree with me if you want, but saying it's nonsense is... well.... nonsense. And by the way, you deleting your posts after you've already responded is still responding...

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Charlie Strong was offered off the field position with Alabama. It's not known if he accepted it or not as of now.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Backup plan or future plan for next DC if Pete struggles another year?

AirForceBamaFan

Sideline Club
Reaction score
The way that tweet looks...this could be an on field position...if he has multiple offers from other schools why would he take an off the field job?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
All I've seen is he's interviewed with Mullen about an off the field position of analyst. Now, I did see footballscoop claim he's received several offers but interestingly enough not a single one listed on their site. 🤷‍♂️

I've not seen, or heard, anything that makes this official. I've seen people editing his wiki page and I've had someone tell me one of the sites reported an off the field offer (I think he said it was BOL although he may have said BI.)

Top Bottom