| FTBL Latest on College Coaching changes

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
They have some big problems down there. UM and FSU have become jokes in the football circles. It’s shocking how awful they are.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Man... The game of Assistant Coach Roulette for Saban here has been crazy. I feel like Locksley did a respectable job at Maryland under the circumstances. After an ugly exit, Gattis hasn't set the world on fire at Michigan. Kiffin left the most scrutinized way possible and kicked ass at FAU. Tosh is likely job hunting again after the Browns debacle. Brent Key.... Georgia Tech was downright awful I have no idea how that ended for him. Good ole' Jim McElwain made a nice comeback at Central Michigan this year. Nussmeier was awful at Michigan and now I believe with the Cowboys? Our current DC will likely be job hunting (allegedly) sooner than later... Not exactly breaking hearts on this board. I'm sure I left more than a few notables out....

I say all that to say that I'm pretty damn happy with Sark being the OC again. It will be really, really nice to have some stability for the players and with a lot of familiar talent coming back that he's built what appears to be a good rapport with. Plus he's done the job recruiting... Including the shiny new toy at QB. I can't think of any upgrades to realistically replace him with... RTR Sark - Next year we win the big one!

TideatMileHigh

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Cynical asshole coming through, don't mind me. Be prepared to see Sarkisian get courted by NFL teams this off season.

I don't think Golding will get shit canned. Saban I think wants to stabilize the assistant coaching as much as possible and mitigate turnover.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
The story making the rounds was that Saban was at least leaning in Enos' direction for the OC to replace Locks but Enos was pissed (supposedly) that it just wasn't handed to him OR the job was tougher and more time-eating than he wanted. So, one day he completely cleans out his office and heads to Miami without speaking to Saban at all. Supposedly they had a staff meeting and Saban said, "Where's Dan?" and some unfortunate soul had to tell him that he had cleaned out his office and left.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Bama Club
Reaction score
Ole Chip might take a spot on Nick's in the bullpen staff with Applewhite, Butch, and Mike Stoops

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
YES!! But Miami has the turnover chains!!

kbama15

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Well What’s y’all’s take on Golding after today? One more year?

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
He needs to exit stage left. 1 good half doesn’t make up for this season.

ElephantStomp

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
I’m so tired of the “Golding needs to go”, “Golding needs gone” blah blah blah. At some damn point people need to line up and play defense. Players need to make plays without the coach holding their hand and shit.

I’ve been critical of our staff, but my hell half our problem has been turnover rate of coaches and now some are wanting a new DC. There’s a word in the English language called continuity, that’s what we need. On top of all that the HC is in charge of everything, so that means according to some we should just fire the whole staff🙄

Top Bottom